Jumping Clown

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
933
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am pretty good, but not consistent with keeping a lid on my 40 gallon. Today I took the lid off to feed a bit and walked away. I came back a few mins later and immediately noticed that there was just one of two Clowns in the tank. And they don't separate. I started looking next to the tank and there he was on the floor. Yikes! I grabbed him - which took a few moments because I didn't want to smoosh him and put him back in the tank. He floated sideways for a few moments and then straightened out. I watched him for the next hour before going to work and he seems to be swimming normally. Hopefully there was no permanent damage of any kind from the fall. I have not heard of Clowns jumping!

Now that lid has to be on.

The pair is pretty new to the tank - and are juveniles from Biota - and they are ignoring the Rose Bubble Tip in the tank. I hope that changes soon!
 
This is the first time I have heard of a clown jumping! Never once saw this with mine
 
I am pretty good, but not consistent with keeping a lid on my 40 gallon. Today I took the lid off to feed a bit and walked away. I came back a few mins later and immediately noticed that there was just one of two Clowns in the tank. And they don't separate. I started looking next to the tank and there he was on the floor. Yikes! I grabbed him - which took a few moments because I didn't want to smoosh him and put him back in the tank. He floated sideways for a few moments and then straightened out. I watched him for the next hour before going to work and he seems to be swimming normally. Hopefully there was no permanent damage of any kind from the fall. I have not heard of Clowns jumping!

Now that lid has to be on.

The pair is pretty new to the tank - and are juveniles from Biota - and they are ignoring the Rose Bubble Tip in the tank. I hope that changes soon!
I had a ultra tiny black storm a year ago that I had to keep on my 5g to grow out and I had a glass lid over that tank that had the smallest gap in the corner that was a sliver wide and the little guy decided to be a acrobat and got through somehow and unfortunately died
 
Put a note on the rim of the tank. All it has to say is LID!!!
Print out a picture of the same species of clowns in an anemone and tape it to the front where the clowns can see it.
Monkey see, monkey do.
 
Put a note on the rim of the tank. All it has to say is LID!!!
Print out a picture of the same species of clowns in an anemone and tape it to the front where the clowns can see it.
Monkey see, monkey do.
^ This.
 
Wait you're kidding about the picture right?

giphy-downsized.gif
 
No
 
Do a search here, Google.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new