Just a thoughts for mods and owners of this site - maybe a sticky on how to culture live foods

RSNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

so I’ve taken on trying to rear sunshine chromis in another thread, and, I realize that through this I’ve been going back to my old notes and videos on culturing live foods for fish, as well as getting some invaluable information from people like ISFTS and others.

I also had some self reflections that we just don’t have enough saltwater fish breeders out there. Over the years I’ve seen a lot of people be interested in it but never took the plunge because they didn’t know where to start. It might not be a bad idea for some of the more experienced people (with culturing live feeds) to put together a sticky post about how to culture live feeds (I.e. rotifers, copepods, brine shrimp, larval shrimp, black worms, etc) that some of the beginner breeders can fall back on as they start their own endeavor.

another idea is to put a sticky on a diy a Kreisel tank or how to quick cycle a fry tank.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely a good idea!

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea too. I started a phyto culture as my first dive into "live foods" . It's difficult to find good information about anything besides phyto and day old brine shrimp.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back