OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Past week I have been noticing Aip in the sand bed disappearing. Woke up this morning and all Aip in the sand bed is gone and the sand is clean in that area.

Looks like after fighting Aip for a year all it took was to order a new tank to make aip disappear.

I have peppermint shrimp and the CBB. Not sure who is eating it. CBB stopped eating live black warms and still doesn’t eat frozen.
If it relies on the tank supplying food source it will run out and the new tank won’t be able to feed her. Would rather not rehome but won’t let her starve.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome news! My moneys on the CBB and if she ever runs out of tasty Aip she can come spend a few months with me!
That would be perfect! Would be great passing it around the misfits. I think the peppermint are helping. They lived by a patch of Aip and moved when Aip was gone.
The Aip in the sand bed is in open water so figured that wouldn’t be the peppermint as they have enough around cover.

the_cros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will slowly pick some threads to try and catchup.

My quick update. Got a Christmas present from the LFS Hope to get my birthday present the 31st.
Hmm wonder what the birthday could be
14148B0A-0A94-4128-9417-EAE5D42B6770.jpeg
Hey Crabby...what sump is this?

I have been thinking of setting up a sump in my basement and I really like that layout.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Crabby...what sump is this?

I have been thinking of setting up a sump in my basement and I really like that layout.
It’s a tide line. I believe it’s made by trigger systems for planet aquarium.
Dementions are 48” x 20” x 16”

Sorry to hear about the struggle with fish disease your having

the_cros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a tide line. I believe it’s made by trigger systems for planet aquarium.
Dementions are 48” x 20” x 16”

Sorry to hear about the struggle with fish disease your having
Only 64g o_O ... that’s pretty much my DT volume. I can’t wait to see the tank that gets paired with it.

I will probably get one that supports up to 300g and build around it. I know my wife will never let me go bigger, but it would be nice to run 2 tanks (current +1) from a single sump.

Thanks for checking in on my build. I think I overwhelmed (aka stressed) my fish with too many additions; which lead to the outbreak. Started my 76+ day fallow last week, so for now I’ll play with my rock work and coral.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 64g o_O ... that’s pretty much my DT volume. I can’t wait to see the tank that gets paired with it.

I will probably get one that supports up to 300g and build around it. I know my wife will never let me go bigger, but it would be nice to run 2 tanks (current +1) from a single sump.

Thanks for checking in on my build. I think I overwhelmed (aka stressed) my fish with too many additions; which lead to the outbreak. Started my 76+ day fallow last week, so for now I’ll play with my rock work and coral.
Sump isn’t much smaller then my current tank.

for me to have two tanks they would need to be on one sump. Little easier for me. Down fall is two tanks of problems of it goes wrong
Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year!!

Thats awesome the aptasia is disappearing. It was pretty.
It is but you know it some how will get in the new tank lol. It was pretty but some days I found it to be not so pretty

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back