OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we got our clown fish, they were both males. But then one transition to female. My wife named them Bruce and Caitlyn. :)

Lol.
I have a question @SuncrestReef my apex is set to fallback off skimmer, and one heater. When I lost power I hooked my generator but did not have internet. The heater and skimmer was on. Also my Radions schedule even worked. I’m puzzled on how and why this happened with out internet and with fallback off. Any advice?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol.
I have a question @SuncrestReef my apex is set to fallback off skimmer, and one heater. When I lost power I hooked my generator but did not have internet. The heater and skimmer was on. Also my Radions schedule even worked. I’m puzzled on how and why this happened with out internet and with fallback off. Any advice?

"Fallback Off" instructs the device how to behave if the module they're connected to cannot contact the Apex head unit. This communication runs through the AquaBus cable, not through the Internet. So, in your situation, the generator was providing power to the Apex head unit, and the AquaBus cable was providing communications to the PowerBar (I'm assuming) that your skimmer and heater are connected to, so the Apex was still in communications with them. Let me know if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Fallback Off" instructs the device how to behave if the module they're connected to cannot contact the Apex head unit. This communication runs through the AquaBus cable, not through the Internet. So, in your situation, the generator was providing power to the Apex head unit, and the AquaBus cable was providing communications to the PowerBar (I'm assuming) that your skimmer and heater are connected to, so the Apex was still in communications with them. Let me know if that makes sense.

Yes I got that. I didn’t realize the head unit stores the program. I figured the program was stored only in the cloud. Thank you for your time

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I got that. I didn’t realize the head unit stores the program. I figured the program was stored only in the cloud. Thank you for your time

Yes, many people don't realize that the Apex itself can operate with no Internet connection. You can access it on your local network at http://apex.local and all programming is stored in the head unit itself. The Apex Fusion interface is the Internet cloud-based service that allows you to access your Apex remotely as well as provides the "Tasks" and certain other features, but it's completely optional to use Fusion.

The Fallback settings are really just needed in the event that the Apex head unit has locked up, or if an AquaBus cable is disconnected.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conversely in my situation, my phone has the newest version of android which is too new for the neptune apex app and you can't sign in on local away from home that I know of. So I have to use my phone's browser to sign in on Fusion to monitor/change things away from home. I hope they update the app soon.

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goby color is..

ce18c6bcb8ca3adb358222963b7dc202.jpg
34d40f510ab688799cf2a599509a2777.jpg

How do you name fish if you don’t know the sex? I don’t want to hurt any fish feeling.
Looks like a Cleo to me.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @SuncrestReef for all your help

i think the goby should be called Christopher Walken or Jerry O'Connell
Shouldn’t the goby have my last name if it has a full name?

Conversely in my situation, my phone has the newest version of android which is too new for the neptune apex app and you can't sign in on local away from home that I know of. So I have to use my phone's browser to sign in on Fusion to monitor/change things away from home. I hope they update the app soon.
That is terrible news. I only have an iPhone so if that happens to me I would be Screwed. Glad I haven’t updated my phone yet just in case.

Looks like a Cleo to me.
I can see it being a Cleo also. Thanks for the suggestion

How is Baby?

What baby this one
81a56472761562a639f62fe961a44a10.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @SuncrestReef for all your help

Shouldn’t the goby have my last name if it has a full name?

That is terrible news. I only have an iPhone so if that happens to me I would be Screwed. Glad I haven’t updated my phone yet just in case.

I can see it being a Cleo also. Thanks for the suggestion

What baby this one
81a56472761562a639f62fe961a44a10.jpg
That is one photogenic goby right there

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back