OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jimmy fish, welcome. I feel weird welcoming people when I've only been here a couple of weeks myself but hey, good to see other noobs that all excited about their new hobby!

i started with fw n got bored with it after a few years bc theres not a whole lot of natural flexibility in it like sw. plus the colors oh my holy sausage biscuits! ive become semi obsessed with zoas lol. ive actually got a few spots of coralline growing which leads to one of my questions....

OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jimmy fish, welcome. I feel weird welcoming people when I've only been here a couple of weeks myself but hey, good to see other noobs that all excited about their new hobby!

i started with fw n got bored with it after a few years bc theres not a whole lot of natural flexibility in it like sw. plus the colors oh my holy sausage biscuits! ive become semi obsessed with zoas lol. ive actually got a few spots of coralline growing which leads to one of my questions....

OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That being said I've got a 55dt 20sump. 2 return pumps hard plumbed a rigged hang on PVC pipe overflow. I have questions!

Thanks for starting your own build thread - it looks like you are off to a good start! If you have issues with vibrations from the pumps transferring to the tank then you may want to add a short length of silicone hose to connect (using barb fittings) the pump to the hard plumbing.

OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for starting your own build thread - it looks like you are off to a good start! If you have issues with vibrations from the pumps transferring to the tank then you may want to add a short length of silicone hose to connect (using barb fittings) the pump to the hard plumbing.

ive noticed that... one pump has about a foot of poly tube to hard line with minimal vibes. the other is hard plumbed the whole way. i actually took some filter media scraps to buffer and cushion the hard pipe against stand

OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just realized them pics are a bit old. i was taking the oolite i started with out bc i hated it.... ill get some new pics shortly

mawhins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I did the freshwater high tech planted thing. Reefing is so much more interesting and challenging. I'm so using "holy sausage biscuits", cracked me up. Coraline algae, nice, I'm hoping for mine to spread from a few frag tiles I have.

OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I did the freshwater high tech planted thing. Reefing is so much more interesting and challenging. I'm so using "holy sausage biscuits", cracked me up. Coraline algae, nice, I'm hoping for mine to spread from a few frag tiles I have.

Very nice. That's how mine was introduced. After I popped my frags off the plugs I'd just scrape the coraline in the tank. And holy sausage biscuits is courtesy of my son! kids a nutso but loves my tank so....

OP
OP
Jimmyfish1

Jimmyfish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys! 2 peppermint shrimps just up n died!!! One was in sump alone. Other in dt. The one in sump just died mysteriously. The one in dt appears to have melted then perished. Would a banded coral kill a peppermint? They died about a week or so apart.... Also most all my zoas are being really moody.... not wanting to open. Some polyps stalks are slimming and darkening... any advice tips input yall????

P.S. I can upload a few pics of zoas after supper if need be...

mawhins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had dramas when I bought my current tank second hand. Inverts went wheels up in a 48hr period, corals very upset. I finally traced it to a copper contamination. Previous owner was probably running fish only. Clowns were happy as so I was quite confused. Just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back