just bought two McCosker's Flasher Wrasse's, a male and female

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought two McCosker's Flasher Wrasse a male and female and i think i got a great deal. $30 each from my LFS and i had a $15 off coupon :) I feel like the man, 2 fish, i gave a $50 and got change!!! :) Full blown male and female. Medium size but they were in different tanks. The female looks 100% female now i just hope they pair up.

What are the chances they will? I would love to see him flash her!!!!

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a pretty good deal. I have been looking for a female McCoskers for almost a year.

OP
OP
L

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, yeah i seen the male and then in the 2 tanks over i see the female. I did not know the female was that hard to find untill i did reshearch when i got home. I know how to care for them, just did not know that females are so hard to find. Beautiful fish!! I hope they pair and he flashes often!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pls post some pics and tank info. I would assume the male will flash no matter what. they can actually still flash even if it's just the male. my male LineSpot flashes when he just wakes up and when only the actinics are on. they will develop a routine once settled and if nothing changes with tankmates, they'll pretty much keep that routine. good luck and congrats on the great purchase. :)

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses do not pair up as clowns do. It's a dominance/submissive heirarchial order just like anthias.

OP
OP
L

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evolved- i did not know that, i thought/was hoping they would pair up and hang out all the time. O well, still happy with them.
The female is hiding(I hope) I've looked and dont see her anywhere. I put them in when the lights went out and they swam around for a bit then went into the rock work. The next day(yesterday) the male was out for a little bit then back to hiding. Today he just came out two hours ago. Eating everytime he is out i fed and he is eating. I hope the female is just being skiddish and hiding somewhere for a little bit.

OP
OP
L

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are both now out and about. Yesterday they both came out.

AND i noticed that the "female" is a full blown male now..... If i would have been a day or two sooner i bet i would have a female and male right now At the store it was deff a female!!!
They are buddies at least, swimming with each other so i guess my new search os for a female.
Will the fight over , til the death or anything or just flash more often trying to compete to win her?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back