New mccosker's flasher wrasse missing over a week.

vdubers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I bought a male mccosker's flasher on Sunday 3rd from my lfs. Looked great in the shop. Did my normal acclimatisation and added it to the tank. It right away went down and hid under a rock and stayed there until the next morning. In the afternoon it was gone and I couldn’t see it anywhere.

3 days go by I assume it’s a goner then I see it swimming under a rock flashing and looking ok but went back to hiding as I approached. That was a week a go and no sign of it since.

I have lots of rock work with tiny holes and caves but despite my best efforts no sign of it when I look a couple times a day. I don’t see it at feeding time so have to assume it isn’t eating much of anything.

Guessing at this point I should give up hope and it’s not going to suddenly appear?

Thanks

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow box , sump, filter sock, floor. Could even still be in the tank. I had a goby i didnt see for 5 months. Saw a hermit crab 2 days ago. Did not even know i had any still alive in the tank.

OP
OP
V

vdubers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow box , sump, filter sock, floor. Could even still be in the tank. I had a goby i didnt see for 5 months. Saw a hermit crab 2 days ago. Did not even know i had any still alive in the tank.
Thanks for the reply. I have a lid but still I have checked the overflow box, sump, filter sock and the floor/ back of the tank and no sign of him. I do have dogs though so its not impossible that he could have jumped and then been eaten but is unlikely.

I will hold out hope that he is still in there somewhere if your goby was missing for 5 months! Even if i found some remains at least i would stop searching every cave. Its a 7ft long tank so he could be anywhere but i would have thought id have seen a group of hermits or snails if he was dead.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first wrasse dove into the sand for a week before coming out and around. I had no idea they do this at the time

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back