Just got a FREE Zoa frag! With Pic

todd2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is my first post, i just found this forum, and thought I would share a pic of my first Zoa with everyone.

So I went to the LFS with a friend today cause they were having a big sale. There really wasn't anything I "needed", but they were giving away $15 gift certificates to the first 50 customers. I didn't make it in the first 50 so I just browsed for a while. My tank just finished cycling about a week ago, and I didn't really want to get much until I was sure it was stable, and I already have fish lined up from a guy online. Anyway I told him about another store about 15min away that he hadn't heard of and he wanted to go, so we took a drive. To make a long story short he bought a medium Zoa rock, and as his wife was carrying it to the car she DROPPED THE BAG!! The LFS was nice and put it back in the tank, and told us we should wait an hour or 2 and make sure it was ok before paying for it. Anyway when she dropped it a piece broke off, and he gave it to me. I don't recommend you frag your corals by dropping them in a parking lot but it worked this time :). Anyway this turned into a long post, onto the pic:

It has a few different colored Zoas on it about 20 Polyps total.

DSC00946_2.jpg

Also does anybody have any IDs for these guys, just out of curiosity

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing like Free Coral!! :)

remember me.......

OP
OP
T

todd2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome JGoslee, and Zeppelin. Are you implying you want a frag revhtree? We could arange a trade once they grow out a bit, and I learn how to frag. LOL This is my first coral, I have had 2 tanks B4, but never got around to adding coral.

Also if anybody is interested here is a FTS of my 10G Nano, it just finished cycling about a week ago, so all it has now is a CUC and that Zoa frag. Im getting a pair of Onyx Percs. in a week or so.

DSC00937.jpg

This was taken a few days ago, so the Zoa isn't in the pic. Its not much to look at but I like it :)

OP
OP
T

todd2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice frag

Onyx Percs! Good Choice, I just got a juvi Onyx a couple weeks ago from www.rods-reef.com, where are you getting yours from.

Here's mine

ClownHosting.jpg

Getting mine from someone on Reef Central that breeds them. Rod was a bit pricey for me :) With shipping Im getting the pair for about what a pair of Reg Percs. would cost at the LFS.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HEHE no Todd, I seen you post about this at nanoreef and I said the asme thing here. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh BTW Welcome to CZ!!!!!!!!

I like the light color of your tank. What lighting do you have?

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcomesign.gif

Be sure to get a pic of the new clowns, I'd love to see them :)
Is the breeder from Chicago? If so I know who it is, had a friend get 2 for the price I paid for mine.

OP
OP
T

todd2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh BTW Welcome to CZ!!!!!!!!

I like the light color of your tank. What lighting do you have?

Nothing special just a 40W Current-USA Satellite PC fixture with a Sunpaq 10000°K daylight/460 nanometer actinic bulb.

welcomesign.gif

Be sure to get a pic of the new clowns, I'd love to see them :)
Is the breeder from Chicago? If so I know who it is, had a friend get 2 for the price I paid for mine.

Im not sure where he is from but his name on RC is "Fishboy42". IS this the guy you know?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back