Just got my dream fish!

reefingreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve always seen the borbonius anthias at my LFS but they were kept with ich sick fish and didn’t want to introduce that into my tank as I don’t have space to QT fish. So through a Facebook group post I saw someone recommend ReefPros on their fish and Wow am I happy I but the bullet and purchased one!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Super happy, fat, active and colorful fish! Started eating mysis within 2 hours of it being introduced to my tank! Now eats pellets, mysis, brine shrimp and even flakes!! (Pictures were from an acclimation box I used to inspect the fish.)

IMG_8099.jpeg IMG_8101.jpeg

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Where are you from??
I live in alaska. Shipping is my biggest struggle. Overnight is available from most lower 48 states. However some companies or people won’t even try once they hear alaska. It’s frustrating.

OP
OP
R

reefingreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live in alaska. Shipping is my biggest struggle. Overnight is available from most lower 48 states. However some companies or people won’t even try once they hear alaska. It’s frustrating.
Geez!! And I cry about shipping fees and I’m in Illinois lol. How’s the LFS’s over there ?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this is one of my grail fish! I'm so happy to see you ordered it from reefpro since i have been on the fence on buying from them (they seem to sell them the cheapest, but they don't technically quarantine, just "condition"). what size did you get? small?

keep us updated on its progress/acclimation.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always seen the borbonius anthias at my LFS but they were kept with ich sick fish and didn’t want to introduce that into my tank as I don’t have space to QT fish. So through a Facebook group post I saw someone recommend ReefPros on their fish and Wow am I happy I but the bullet and purchased one!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Super happy, fat, active and colorful fish! Started eating mysis within 2 hours of it being introduced to my tank! Now eats pellets, mysis, brine shrimp and even flakes!! (Pictures were from an acclimation box I used to inspect the fish.)

IMG_8099.jpeg IMG_8101.jpeg
Great looking fish!

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez!! And I cry about shipping fees and I’m in Illinois lol. How’s the LFS’s over there ?
We have one in the whole state. it’s about a hour away from where I live. No free shipping from anyone a lot of the time brs saltwater aquarium ect. What really kills me is I can order coral from literally Ohio or Florida for $50 shipping but California except aqua sd wants over $100. I miss living in Ohio for the ease of buying anything. I am even limited on what tanks I can get up here. Water box won’t ship. And all the fish store can get is Red Sea or IM

yambeezy23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have one in the whole state. it’s about a hour away from where I live. No free shipping from anyone a lot of the time brs saltwater aquarium ect. What really kills me is I can order coral from literally Ohio or Florida for $50 shipping but California except aqua sd wants over $100. I miss living in Ohio for the ease of buying anything. I am even limited on what tanks I can get up here. Water box won’t ship. And all the fish store can get is Red Sea or IM
I got a waterbox 35.2 shipped to Anchorage for 150 shipping which I gladly paid.

I used shop and deliver by lulu who gets the item shipped to Seattle and they bring it up here to Anchorage. Totally give them a try for items that can’t get shipped here.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a waterbox 35.2 shipped to Anchorage for 150 shipping which I gladly paid.

I used shop and deliver by lulu who gets the item shipped to Seattle and they bring it up here to Anchorage. Totally give them a try for items that can’t get shipped here.

I’ll definitely have to look into it. Alaska coral and fish are awesome guys but there prices on tanks are steep. I’ve been considering buying a IM 200 peninsula and if I can get it for a sale price it could be worth it. They only sell there’s at sticker price.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back