Just got my RP-M's. Question regarding setting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Peekay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just received my RP-M pumps to replace a pair of old Tunze6055 with the 7096 Mulitcontroller. I want better, more reef friendly, flow in my 48"w x 24"h x 20"d 100 gallon SCA tank. With that said, I'm planning on mounting them on opposite sides of the tank (side glass), what would your recommendation be in terms of flow settings and (i.e. mode and intensity and schedule)? I really have NO idea. Thanks.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends a lot on what corals you have and where they are in the tank. My opinion is to do as much random flow as your corals can deal with. I used an RP-M in my 40g DT and it worked very well. But when I built my new 90g tank, I switched to pumps that I can adjust where they are pointed.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just received my RP-M pumps to replace a pair of old Tunze6055 with the 7096 Mulitcontroller. I want better, more reef friendly, flow in my 48"w x 24"h x 20"d 100 gallon SCA tank. With that said, I'm planning on mounting them on opposite sides of the tank (side glass), what would your recommendation be in terms of flow settings and (i.e. mode and intensity and schedule)? I really have NO idea. Thanks.
I recommend just putting them in mode 5- it's a randomized flow pattern that will go through all kinds of settings and flow strengths. That's the easiest and best way to set these up outside of smaller tanks, where the flow needs to be restricted to a lower setting. We recommend mode 2 for tanks under 30gallons or so.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back