Just got my second ICP back. Looking for feedback

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saisori
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saisori

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2018
Messages
213
Reaction score
61
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1775855707360.png
1775855719509.png
 
Most things look quite good.

I see arsenic is flagged. Not sure what level is an issue or where it might be coming from. Do you use tap water?

I am not certain that iodine and fluoride are useful, but you
Might consider experimenting with dosing them, especially iodine.
 
Most things look quite good.

I see arsenic is flagged. Not sure what level is an issue or where it might be coming from. Do you use tap water?

I am not certain that iodine and fluoride are useful, but you
Might consider experimenting with dosing them, especially iodine.
Using rodi. Not sure where it coming from either. Last ICP show next to no levels
 
Arsenic is most often introduced by reef ceramics, sometimes also feeds. - It can be bound by GFO efficiently, but you should avoid GFO usage at the moment because of your low phosphate levels.

When comparing with previous ICPs: Arsenic is not very sensitive on ICP-OES, so might have been unnoticed, if the previous test was ICP-OES based.
 
Arsenic is most often introduced by reef ceramics, sometimes also feeds. - It can be bound by GFO efficiently, but you should avoid GFO usage at the moment because of your low phosphate levels.

When comparing with previous ICPs: Arsenic is not very sensitive on ICP-OES, so might have been unnoticed, if the previous test was ICP-OES based.
Interesting. I don't use any type of GFO and there are no ceramics in the tank beside... frag plugs and I doubt I have enough to be leeching?

This was ICP MS
 
Interesting. I don't use any type of GFO and there are no ceramics in the tank beside... frag plugs and I doubt I have enough to be leeching?

This was ICP MS

He knows this was icp- ms. It’s from his company. He was referring to your first one, and was suggesting why it perhaps wasn’t detected then. :)
 
He knows this was icp- ms. It’s from his company. He was referring to your first one, and was suggesting why it perhaps wasn’t detected then. :)
right, what I meant was both were MS
 
right, what I meant was both were MS
How long was analysis #1 ago?
Any changes in feed?

I would not assume the current arsenic level is acutely problematic, however id not let it rise any further. So finding the source is recommended. Please go into your logs and check what has been changed between these two samplings.

Have a good weekend,
Christoph
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new