Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon breeder
Just cycled
Dry live rock
Live sand
Seachem Tidal 75 HOB
Aquamaxx HOB protein skimmer

Just got the AI Blade 30”. No livestock until tomorrow. Any suggestions on settings? I’m looking for soft corals eventually, mainly Zoas. Probably gonna go with damsels to start off with. Looking for time, intensity etc to get started. Thanks!!

image.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon breeder
Just cycled
Dry live rock
Live sand
Seachem Tidal 75 HOB

Just got the AI Blade 30”. No livestock until tomorrow. Any suggestions on settings? I’m looking for soft corals eventually, mainly Zoas. Probably gonna go with damsels to start off with. Looking for time, intensity etc to get started. Thanks!!

image.jpg
Not sure about blade settings, but I strongly urge you not to start with damsels. They’re very aggressive in defending their territory, best to add them last (or not at all)

John_Sav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up David Saxby settings, it's a great preset for the blade. I tweaked the white settings down to 10% and the overall intensity to 30%, my corals are happy.

SaltySqueeble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked Saxbys setting, but only see AI Prime lighting. Not sure what all those zig zags are about…This is what I use on my blade. I have softies and LPS. It rests on my 20in tank. I ramp up for three hrs to 35%, then white slowly ramps down all day. Then, 4:30 ramp down for 4hr. I get amazing colors in the evening. Its worked for me for a year. May not be perfect. IMG_6672.png IMG_6671.png

OP
OP
mike_mania

mike_mania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the glow or grow? These are my settings.

Attachments

• ABC70599-8D90-4377-A7DA-A0FD80B6CF73.png
    ABC70599-8D90-4377-A7DA-A0FD80B6CF73.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 24

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about blade settings, but I strongly urge you not to start with damsels. They’re very aggressive in defending their territory, best to add them last (or not at all)
1000000%
They are buttholes, you will have to tear your tank and liverock apart just to remove them. That's a No for me Dog..and I had to do this...just for 1 butthole surfer damsel!
GIF by Zack Kantor

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 gallon breeder
Just cycled
Dry live rock
Live sand
Seachem Tidal 75 HOB

image.jpg
Glow or Grow??

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For decades people have used T5s and MH on just timers, no ramping at all and it definitely does the job. The zigzaging just seems a little more ‘natural’ to me as naive as that sounds

ready2get86d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running blades for a while now. Just bump your blues and violets up to max then adjust white to where its visually appealing. If you’re just running one you’ll need the PAR. I have 2 (grow and glow) over my 20 gal on max settings and all of my corals love it. Everything max but the white, thats at about 60% rn. The white fills out the spectrum, so if you were to have any as a single light i would have the grow. The glow is a great additive light as a supplement to other lighting to make corals pop. But it doesn't have the right spectrum to be used stand alone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back