Just lost a Diamond Goby

skmcobra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just over two weeks ago I purchased a 2" Diamond Goby and a Coral Beauty Angle from my LFS. They were in my QT for two weeks as of yesterday. I noticed the Goby wasn't acting normal on Friday and Saturday was to be the day I introduced them both to the DT anyway. I am using Carib Sea live sand in my QT and was feeding him both Mysis and Brine shrimp which I saw it devour every evening at feeding time. I even bought a reef feeding tube last week so I could place shrimp into the sand for it to sift thru. I think it may have starved to death despite me seeing it eat every day big time. It's stomach never looked plump to me as I have read it should. My hope was that my 1 year old DT would have enough in the sand to feed him but this morning I found my cleaner shrimp on top of it. I also lost a Two Spot a couple weeks before this and am pretty sure it starved in my QT. What is the key to successfully keeping a goby that eats from the sand? I need something in my DT to turn over the sand and sift thru it.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just over two weeks ago I purchased a 2" Diamond Goby and a Coral Beauty Angle from my LFS. They were in my QT for two weeks as of yesterday. I noticed the Goby wasn't acting normal on Friday and Saturday was to be the day I introduced them both to the DT anyway. I am using Carib Sea live sand in my QT and was feeding him both Mysis and Brine shrimp which I saw it devour every evening at feeding time. I even bought a reef feeding tube last week so I could place shrimp into the sand for it to sift thru. I think it may have starved to death despite me seeing it eat every day big time. It's stomach never looked plump to me as I have read it should. My hope was that my 1 year old DT would have enough in the sand to feed him but this morning I found my cleaner shrimp on top of it. I also lost a Two Spot a couple weeks before this and am pretty sure it starved in my QT. What is the key to successfully keeping a goby that eats from the sand? I need something in my DT to turn over the sand and sift thru it.

I have to spot feed my diamond goby with a Turkey baster as well since the sand bed doesn't fully maintain him. I'll see his belly sink in a little and that tells me to go back to spot feeding him. He'll go into the water column to eat, but the other fish are faster... especially since he had an accident and lost one eye.

Back