Diamond Goby Feeding

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a diamond goby and I am a bit worried as every time I feed him pellets, they just go right through his gills as he sifts the sand. He is only about 2-3 inches and the LFS showed me he ate pellets, but he won’t eat them now for some reason. I’ve ordered some Ocean Nutrition formula 2 as well as PE mysis pellets but I am unsure what else would be potentially effective. He has a small curve on his belly when looking at him from the side but he is generally healthy looking from top down and it doesn’t look like he’s starving, so I don’t know if he is actually taking bits of the pellets every sift or not as they are too small for me to tell.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think freeze dried mysis shrimp would be any good? I have trouble obtaining the frozen ones.
I’m sure that’s fine.. I feed my tank that also here or there.. mine I think solely lives off the dirty sand and eats here or there when the fish are in a frenzy.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3 I have eat everything. You might try 1mm pellets if you haven't yet. They love frozen mysis shrimp also.

Based on what I've read, they get a lot of their nutrition from sifting the sand. So any food that sits in the sand will eventually break down and they'll get the nutrients when they sift that area.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep trying different sizes of pellets, flakes, and also different frozen and freeze dried until you find something.

They don't always eat prepared foods.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my little fella, is he looking good? Some mysis on the way tomorrow, hopefully it’ll be good.

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 51

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seems to like frozen foods and the seaweed I feed my tangs. Don’t know if he eats the seaweed but he tries

Here he is the clip has seaweed. It’s hard to see

IMG_8587.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats everything frozen, flake, and pellets. I’m pretty sure if I threw a chicken nugget in it would be devoured. I would suggest frozen mysis and brine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back