Juvi Yellow Belly Regal

spartanman22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
984
Reaction score
732
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I have a Juvi Yellow Belly Regal that I've had for a couple months now. He's about 2.5 - 3" and doing well. Very active and outgoing. I have a minor concern though, he will only eat pellets. I had a wild caught multibar angel that wouldn't eat so I went through the following foods with him:

  • TDO Pellets - xsmall, small and medium
  • Spectrum Pellets - small and medium
  • Frozen Baby Brine (Hikari and San Francisco Bay)
  • Frozen Cyclopods (Hikari)
  • Frozen Artemia (Hikari)
  • Frozen Marine Angel Mix (Hikari)
  • Frozen Angel and Butterfly (San Francisco Bay Brand)
  • Frozen Spirulina Brine (Hikari)
  • Frozen Spirulina Mysis (Hikari)
  • PE Mysis (Piscine)
  • Frozen Rotifers (Hikari)
  • Frozen Ocean Plankton (Hikari)
  • Frozen Mega Marine Algae (Hikari)
  • Frozen Bloodworms (Hikari)
  • Frozen LRS Herbivore Blend
  • Frozen Clams
  • Live Clams
  • Live Brine Shrimp
  • Live Copepods
  • Live Sponges
  • Fresh roe
  • Masstick - powder and pre-formed
Basically any food I could find I tried. My tanks phosphates are really punihsing me for all this food! Unfortunately, the multibar eventually passed after not eating anything. The Regal will eat any pellet food I try, which is good, but should I be concerned he's not interested in any meaty foods? He did love the live bloodworms, they're just not as readily available. So when I can get them I do, but not always a guarantee.
 
Sometimes it's a conditioning thing, however even if it is just pellets it's better than no food at all.

Have you tried any food additives such as Selcon or Vitachem?
 
Yes I do soak a lot of the foods in selcon, and occasionally will use garlic guard.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new