Just moved to Michigan!

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I just moved to Michigan for work from Washington D.C. with my reef tank. I was wondering if anyone knew of any forums and clubs to join? Also if some people can point out some decent local fish stores that would be great! I am currently in Royal Oak. Let me know and I am excited to be a part of this reefing community!

Stephen

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello and welcome to the mitten, I’m not too sure of any groups but there’s a forum at michiganreefers.com. Also some very cool fish stores to check out.
Tropicorium In romulous
Preuss pets in Lansing
Moby di cks in clarkston
Pet doctor
Pet connection in Livonia
Cherry corals in Livonia
There are many more. These are ones I have been to. Tropicorium is prob my favorite, they have everything u could imagine including 4-5 ft sand sharks.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the "D" @Stephen Petruzzo, Royal Oak! nice hipster place, My daughter lived in Ferndale for awhile. The SW Clubs are non existent as far as I know but on Facebook is a saltwater classified and a Lansing swap is at the end of the month or real soon. Not far is StingRay Bay on 9 mile with the good hardware and lots of fish, then is Sea World/ Flower barn in Roseville he has Lots of fish and corals but week on hardware those are my goto"s Right around the corner from you is OTIS Supply, you should check that out if you haven't already oh I should say its a night club, and Bashsea is also in ferndale if you need a sump, true hot rods. Feel free to hit me up on the area.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the "D" @Stephen Petruzzo, Royal Oak! nice hipster place, My daughter lived in Ferndale for awhile. The SW Clubs are non existent as far as I know but on Facebook is a saltwater classified and a Lansing swap is at the end of the month or real soon. Not far is StingRay Bay on 9 mile with the good hardware and lots of fish, then is Sea World/ Flower barn in Roseville he has Lots of fish and corals but week on hardware those are my goto"s Right around the corner from you is OTIS Supply, you should check that out if you haven't already oh I should say its a night club, and Bashsea is also in ferndale if you need a sump, true hot rods. Feel free to hit me up on the area.

Thank you sir.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following... I just moved to Grand Blanc from Tennessee !!
Welcome to Michigan..Did you come to fix the water pipes up there:p J/K Grand Blank is a nice area close to cities yet still country and close to a lot of good hunting and fishing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back