Just starting out in salt water...

jeremy83179

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
We just started a 26 gallon salt water tank a few months ago and will probably upgrade to a 55 gallon with a sump. Lots of learning as we go and we are working with a very limited budget. We have an anemone, 2 skunk clowns, 2 cardinals, a sand sifting goby, another small yellow goby, 2 cleaner shrimp, some snails and hermits. We recently added a pulsing Xenia and an unknown type of zoanthid.
 
Welcome to R2R! Nice tank! I had to look twice as I thought it was a planted freshwater tank!
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1458875633.704160.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1458875648.022859.jpg


Who can identify this? It just showed up... Looks like spider webs only thicker... Maybe more like roots for a small plant.
 
Xenia is cool. Soon it will take over your tank and annoy the crap out of you! I couldn't kill that stuff and I swear it doubles in quantity daily! Lol
 
535c996e65e1584bb6dfce2d042394e3.jpg
9c2d322b8a80c079f74ff185dd6eb377.jpg


Haven’t done any updates in a while but that huge colony started out as three polyps as shown earlier in this thread. I’ve learned a lot since getting started and I’m getting more confidence in higher dollar items as I go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new