Just the Tip! 36x24x12 45g Minimalist Reef

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome reef! I love that it's a different layout than what we typically see. Great job!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice. looks like you have different sumps. could you list all equipment for your tanks.skimmer ,pumps, etc.thanks

mrjlopez731

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking tank. Would you consider upgrading to a bigger tank sometime down the road. If it's bigger, it can only get better.

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed that your water line shows that the tanks aren't level.Will that cause a problem down the road.hope not.it's a great looking tank.

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice size tank!

Awesome reef! I love that it's a different layout than what we typically see. Great job!

Awesome!! Following!

Thank you all very much, I appreciate your compliments (keeps me doing water changes haha)

Very nice looking tank. Would you consider upgrading to a bigger tank sometime down the road. If it's bigger, it can only get better.

Right now, I'm in an apartment, so I'm trying to stick with this size for now. However, I do have a 9 gallon that could be a litttllee bigger if you ask me haha

Nice color! What's the bulb combination ?

Thank you, for pictures I have to only use two of the 6 bulbs (the middle 4 are all blue/purple and mess with the cameras white balance pretty badly) so from front to back it goes
ATI Coral plus
Wavepoint Reef Wave
ATI Blue plus
ATI Blue plus
ATI Blue plus
ATI Aquablue Special (needs to be replaced, as its pretty much white light at this point)

Just noticed that your water line shows that the tanks aren't level.Will that cause a problem down the road.hope not.it's a great looking tank.

I hope not as well. The tank has its bracing, and the water level is aimed directly at the overflow box, so I hope its not an issue, I may figure out a way to level it, but with my roommates tank being so close to mine, I can't use traditional shims for the stand.

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice. looks like you have different sumps. could you list all equipment for your tanks.skimmer ,pumps, etc.thanks

I will let him give me a write up to post on his tank, but I can do my tank haha

45g Deep Blue Peninsula tank
6 bulb Tek T5 fixture
Tunze 6025 powerhead
Jebao DC3000 return pump (turned to level 3 of 5)
Bubble Magus 3.5 Cone Skimmer
ATO
Two little fishes 150 media reactor (runs a mix of things depending what I feel the tank needs)

Thats it. I try to keep it simple. Although a doser may happen down the road when I get tired of manually dosing.

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved some corals around today, and glued a lot of the random zoanthid frags I had floating around down to the top flat rock that I have deemed to be "Zoa rock"

Also, the Cynaria and scleronepthya that I had moved into the nano tank, I moved back. The Cynaria didnt have space to fully expand when the dendros and tubastreas were out all the way, and I don't think the scleronepthya had enough food in there to sustain itself. It went downhill pretty quickly. We will see how they recover in this tank.

Note to myself: I changed the reactor media yesterday and put half carbon and half phosphate remover.

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a s6 as well but tank is too dirty for pics yet..but can't wait

How do you keep your substrate so clean? Everypic looks like very clean bottom. What kind of substrate do you have? Thickness? CUC?

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a s6 as well but tank is too dirty for pics yet..but can't wait

How do you keep your substrate so clean? Everypic looks like very clean bottom. What kind of substrate do you have? Thickness? CUC?

Who cares if its clean?! Take those pics and let me know when you do :)

I don't remember the name of the sand or the size honestly. Sorry about that. I keep it clean by a lot of manual stirring and turkey basting. I think its better for the tank that way so it never gets to a point where things get stagnant in there. It clouds the tank up when I stir it, but everything settles, and thats what filtration is for.

this is a very cool and epic tank. thanks for sharing.

Very nice tank and very well maintained

Thanks Panda and reeferaddict! Thanks for taking a look!

That tank sure filled up fast, looks great man! We ever gonna get to see the other tank?

HAHAHA yeah yeah. I should do that. Finding a time that both tanks are clean is hard, but I will take some "meh" pics tonight and get them uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back