Just the Tip! 36x24x12 45g Minimalist Reef

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who cares if its clean?! Take those pics and let me know when you do :)

I don't remember the name of the sand or the size honestly. Sorry about that. I keep it clean by a lot of manual stirring and turkey basting. I think its better for the tank that way so it never gets to a point where things get stagnant in there. It clouds the tank up when I stir it, but everything settles, and thats what filtration is for.

Thanks Panda and reeferaddict! Thanks for taking a look!

HAHAHA yeah yeah. I should do that. Finding a time that both tanks are clean is hard, but I will take some "meh" pics tonight and get them uploaded tonight or tomorrow.
Can you share your sand cleaning schedule / routine

Here is a fts. I did the builtin myself making it part of my desk. I work from home. The bench on the left has storage and my ATO tank. The last shot is a view from my chair.

uploadfromtaptalk1429023951133.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429023988269.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429024020695.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429024050618.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429024084508.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429023951133.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429023988269.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429024020695.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429024050618.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429024084508.jpg

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Got a new skimmer yesterday. Swapped out my Bubble Magus 3.5 for an E-shops S-150. Plugged it in last night and Im already getting some nice foam in the collection cup. I think I will end up making it a little drier skimmate, but for now I want to see what this thing can do.

Also, the Red Gorgonian has been suffering lately. Despite a lot of feedings (which I have moved from 5-6 days a week down to 2-3 because of algae issues) he is losing a lot of tissue and I think he may be a goner. Really sad about this because he was doing very well for a long time, but the leopard wrasse is almost constantly picking at it and keeping it closed so I can't feed him enough. For now he is in the 9 gallon and the yellow gorgonian will be the new featured piece on Sungorgian Island

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red gorgonian didnt make it RIP. So I rearranged the island and made it a little smaller so there is more viewable angles for the corals I placed in the background. Im pretty bummed about the gorg, but on the positive side the yellow one looks much better.
The corals aren't happy because the lights had been off, I turned them on since the NPS looked happy.

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all! Its been a process, but I am happy with how its coming along. Now I am thinking of upgrading my sump. This one is great, but since I don't have a dosing pump, its kind of pointless. I would like a refugium, or at least more space for an algae turf scrubber

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures, its not the most recent layout, since these I have added a few things and changed some corals around, but I think I like it better. I will try to get some of those pics tonight.

But any who, here are some pics.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back