Juvie tang color change question

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyhog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
15,937
Location
Conway, Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at a tiny orange shoulder tang at my LFS the other day and mentioned I had a juvenile Atlantic Blue Tang. The guy working there told me there was a good chance my tang would retain juvie colors even though growing to adult size.

Any truth to that? I've never heard of that happening but he said they had a client with a very large orange shoulder that was still bright yellow.
 
I was looking at a tiny orange shoulder tang at my LFS the other day and mentioned I had a juvenile Atlantic Blue Tang. The guy working there told me there was a good chance my tang would retain juvie colors even though growing to adult size.

Any truth to that? I've never heard of that happening but he said they had a client with a very large orange shoulder that was still bright yellow.
While certain social or physical circumstances may inhibit, or slow some of these developmental changes, I've never seen it stopped completely. I have seen some orange shoulders get adult colors at a relatively small size, and others a bit larger, but it never completely stalled.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new