Kaklwasser

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this Kalk its called Reef Powder and natureef sells it?

calcium

I have been using this stuff and no matter if your using a KW reactor it still keeps the water milky in the ATO tank. When the ATO turns on the water eventually mixes with the tank water and turns clear which takes about 5 minutes.

In the ATO tank I add the Kalk powder and have a Karola Nano mixing the water so the powder is always mixing and doesn't settle. With the pump off the powder settles but the water stays milky (cloudy).

Is everyone ones experience with this Kalk Powder the same.

"Z"

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to let it settle before pumping it in. You don't really want to pump the milky looking water into the tank, its best if its clear. Mix it up, let it settle for a couple hours, and then dose it from at least an inch or so above the bottom of the container. There are quite a few threads going in the Reef Chemistry forum that should really help you out and give you better information.

OP
OP
zemuss

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank I have read the thread. The only thing about this powder is that it never settles the water is always cloudy. I can let it sit for hours and the cloud doesn't clear.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've use a few different kalkwasser powders, and don't think I've ever run into that issue. I would try a different mix and see if it works out for you.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back