Kalk confused

Kamila89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!!! I have a 135g tank,I’m dosing 2 parts Cal around 2.5ml/3ml per day and Kh around 4ml per day with a dosing pump.
My tank is a year old LPS dominant and I haven’t seen a mayor coral grow. I knew that ph is very important so I tried other methods to rise it from 7.8 to at least 8 which It’s right now but I’ll like to bump it just a bit higher to 8.3 so maybe that will help to coral grown. I wanted to tried Kalk since I started adding corals but I was scare to mess it up but I’m ready, I had order Avast Kalk stirred, ph controller.
My questions are I have a GHL 4 head doser can I use it with my Ato so can dose fresh water to the stirred? Or I need an independent dosing pump that pump slower that the one I have? The evaporation rate is around 3000ml per day,I’ll have to divide 3000 and 24?or how can calculate the exact dose?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just use kalk at this point and simplify things.

Measure your alk drop over 24hrs. Let's say it goes from 8.5 to 8.3.
Go here, select saturated limewater as your alk additive. Use 8.5 as desired alk, and 8.3 as current alk.

This will give you the total dose of kalk for the day.

Divide that number by 24 if you want to split it up to every hour.

Your demand is very low, so kalk is an simple all in one solution for dosing right now. If you do weekly or even bi weekly water changes, you may not even need to dose magnesium.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back