Kalk in ato?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ncfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ncfishguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
123
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to try to dose a little kalk though ato ! I use a Tunze ato how do u keep the kalk from settling at the bottom? Would a small nano power head be to much on a timer to mix every few hours
 
I just have my pump sitting in a plastic cup so it doesn't suck up the actual sediment. It's been working well for about 8 months now.
 
I've been told to dose a teaspoon of kalk for every gallon in your ato bucket. Just my 2 cents.
Right, and 2 teaspoons per gallon is about the saturation point.
 
"No dosing without testing" is a pretty universal rule to live by, regardless of what is being dosed!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new