Kalk Reactor - Two Little Fishies

  • Thread starter Thread starter olson2886
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

olson2886

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all - I just ordered my first kalk reactor made by Two Little Fishies. This one is not motorized and I believe uses flow to drive the stirrer. I am curious if anybody has used one of these with a dosing pump as opposed to running through their top-off system. Is that enough juice to keep the kale slurry mixed? I would prefer to fine tune the amount if possible vs relying on evap. Although I have also heard its hard to dose too much kalk? I have about 30g total system volume and probably top off about a half gallon a day with my ATO. Thanks in advance!
 
I looked into this one before, dosing pump seems to be ill-advised from the consensus. Not enough gph to effectively mix the kalk. Like blaxsun said, it's pretty much designed to work with the Osmolator.

I opted to just buy a dosing pump and pump mixed kalkwasser into my tank at a set dose from a 5 gallon bucket. You can get the kamoer x1 pro for less than the reactor and have a more reliable system if you can have a bucket near your tank.
 
I know someone who is using a dosing pump with the 2LF Kalk reactor with success. He did reduce the lines to quarter inch RO. He's had it running for quite some time now and loves it.

I'm trying the same thing with the same quarter inch conversion fittings and an ET versa dosing pump, but I can't get the dang lid to stop leaking.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new