kalkwasser apex setup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MACHO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
399
Reaction score
169
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I just got the bubble magnus and have never set one up on the apex. It runs a stirrer which is plugged into the apex power strip. Then has a apex pump which is put into the auto top off tank which is completely seperate from the atk which runs on it's own. how would i program the setup so that it stirs first then pumps water in. is there a calculation yall do for how much kalk needs to be dosed?
 
I am a kalk reactor user and I currently use an ice cap. On my unit I use the Apex to turn on the stirir every 4 hours with this code.

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:01/003:59 Then ON

I then dose Kalk based on the alkalinity demand. To start I normally test alkalinity and then test again 1 day later. If your demand is really low then you might wait a week. You can then measure the difference in alkalinity to find out how much alkalinity your tank uses in a day. Once you know the consumption, you can use a dosing calculator to find your daily dose. I then divide the dose into hourly additions. My Kamoer doser does this automatically. I just enter the daily total and then how many times I want the dose split into. Dosing calculator linked below.

https://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new