Kalkwasser begginer

aquamarvels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ,all as i have also started dosing kalkwasser to my tank i need to clear out some questions as doubts
1. people say dosing it in ATO is risky as evaporation happens due to season
2. some people dose it in kalk stirrer and some drip it and some use dosing pump
3. kalak once stirred can not be stirred again
4. kalk left open in ATO is also not good as it needs to be in an air tight container

my queries are

1. if i am dosing kalk in a kalk reactor or stirrer i am stirring the kalk several times .....but it says kalk once stirred cannot be stirred again then stirring it 3 to 4 times in 24 hours is it ok in the reactor

2. if i am dosing kalk in a reactor then i keep on adding the kalk in the reactor ....what happens to the previous kalk which was present in the reactor the slurry which i am mixing 3 to 4 times ...
do i need to throw that and add new kalk or can i keep on adding to that slurry mix only....and how much and when

3. if i am making kalk in 5 gallon of water and adding 5 tbs of it and making a saturated solution ans throwing out the slurry ......how long can i store this solution in an air tight container?

4. can i dose the kalk solution (lime water after the slurry ) through dosing pump along with the balling method

4. if i am dosing kalk in a reactor then i keep on adding the kalk in the reactor ....what happens to the previous kalk which was present in the reactor the slurry which i am mixing 3 to 4 times
do i need to throw that and add new kalk or can i keep on adding to that slurry mix only

please do clear my doubts

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back