Kalkwasser/ ESV 2part dosing schedule

purplereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, can someone who is running a kalkstirrer and a 2 part using dosing pumps help me with setting up my schedule? I was using only kalkwasser via a kalkstirrer and dos pump. I’m evaporating about 2500mls a day and am replacing that with kalkwasser overnight using the dos pump. With it not being enough I am having to dose about 20ml of Esv per day. So do I run my 2 part during the day via dos pump and kalkwasser at night via kamoer x1 at night? Or Esv calcium during the day and alk at night along with kalkwasser?

OP
OP
P

purplereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admin can you please change mistake in tittle “evs” to Esv? Can seem to figure out how to myself

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The schedule you use will depend on whether you want to stabilize pH most (dose at night) or stabilize alk the most )dose during the day)

OP
OP
P

purplereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The schedule you use will depend on whether you want to stabilize pH most (dose at night) or stabilize alk the most )dose during the day)
At the moment I’m using the dos for the 2 part. 20ml calcium/day and 20ml alkaline/ night. I purchased a kamoer x1 for the kalkwasser, but can it be ran at the same time as either of the 2 part? Or do I have to separate both the 2 parts durning the day and kalk at night or vise versa. Thank you for the help Randy

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only part that confuses me is can I run kalkwasser at the same time as one of my 2 part?
I don't use a kalk stirrer but I drip kalk 24/7 on a brs doser on a timer 45 minutes on 5 minutes off. I also dose 30 ml esv 2 part. To me using a dosing pump for such a small amount of 2 part is not necessary. I dose 30 ml of both all at once in the morning. 30ml alk in an overflow 30ml cal in the tank. Been doing it like that for over a year and everything is doing great.

Last edited:

WallyTime7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my Dos scheduled to dose more during the day and less at night with my two-part.
Then the nightly portion of 2 part, I drop my Ca/Alk 1ml for every 46ml of Kalkwasser (need to find your balance of kalkwasser strength).
So I'm slowly ticking it up to make sure it's balanced, hoping to continue to add more kalkwasser to keep PH stable for drops at night.
Currently 750ml at night and going to continue to rise.

OP
OP
P

purplereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Dos scheduled to dose more during the day and less at night with my two-part.
Then the nightly portion of 2 part, I drop my Ca/Alk 1ml for every 46ml of Kalkwasser (need to find your balance of kalkwasser strength).
So I'm slowly ticking it up to make sure it's balanced, hoping to continue to add more kalkwasser to keep PH stable for drops at night.
Currently 750ml at night and going to continue to rise.
Awesome advice. What size is your tank?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back