Kamoer F1 vs RedSea Reef dose?

K9Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for thoughts on the Kamoer F1 doser vs Red Sea Reef dose. Any actual real life experience and recommendations? Quality, reliability, etc? Thanks

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for thoughts on the Kamoer F1 doser vs Red Sea Reef dose. Any actual real life experience and recommendations? Quality, reliability, etc? Thanks
What are you looking at dosing- and how precise do you want it to be? They're both good dosing pumps.

The Red Sea has a minimum of two heads as I am sure you know and a better precision. It has, in my opinion a higher build quality as well.

I have the Red Sea doser (x4) and a D&D P1 which is basically the same as the Kamoer F1.

The only reason I would consider the Kamoer F1 over the Red Sea was if I only need one dosing head (all for reef ex.).

OP
OP
K

K9Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking at dosing- and how precise do you want it to be? They're both good dosing pumps.

The Red Sea has a minimum of two heads as I am sure you know and a better precision. It has, in my opinion a higher build quality as well.

I have the Red Sea doser (x4) and a D&D P1 which is basically the same as the Kamoer F1.

The only reason I would consider the Kamoer F1 over the Red Sea was if I only need one dosing head (all for reef ex.).
Thanks. I’m doing typical dosing Alk, Ca, Mg, etc. I do understand the spec differences between the two. Really trying to figure out the quality, reliability, accuracy, maintenance and long term durability comparison of the two.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’m doing typical dosing Alk, Ca, Mg, etc. I do understand the spec differences between the two. Really trying to figure out the quality, reliability, accuracy, maintenance and long term durability comparison of the two.
How long term are you looking for? :) I have been using both of mine for about 18 months- and they both work very well still.. Any longer than that, someone else will have to pitch in!

As for maintenance and reliability they need the same sort of maintenance (all dosing pumps do!) and with regards to accuracy? Well, the Red Sea one is the winner here- but we knew that form the specs already. I calibrate both every three months or so- with the Kamoer being a fair bit off every time unlike the Red Sea.

For me, these two dosing pumps serves slightly different purposes.

Any reason why these are the only two you're looking for? If you need 3 dosing heads, I would look for a doser that serves that purpose! There are many, many makers out there!

Reef Factory is fairly new to the American market. They have a snazzy little 3 channel doser with software to die for. Have a look at that as well! :)

OP
OP
K

K9Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long term are you looking for? :) I have been using both of mine for about 18 months- and they both work very well still.. Any longer than that, someone else will have to pitch in!

As for maintenance and reliability they need the same sort of maintenance (all dosing pumps do!) and with regards to accuracy? Well, the Red Sea one is the winner here- but we knew that form the specs already. I calibrate both every three months or so- with the Kamoer being a fair bit off every time unlike the Red Sea.

For me, these two dosing pumps serves slightly different purposes.

Any reason why these are the only two you're looking for? If you need 3 dosing heads, I would look for a doser that serves that purpose! There are many, many makers out there!

Reef Factory is fairly new to the American market. They have a snazzy little 3 channel doser with software to die for. Have a look at that as well! :)
That’s good info and 18 month review. Thanks.

I did see the Reef Factory but understand they have some connection issues. Just looking for something thats reliable, has a track record, quality for a fair price. Also both of these are easy to find at my LFS, BRS, etc.

jerses

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used either but switch 6 months ago from Neptune DOS to the Ecotech Versa... I couldn't be happier with the Versa.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he Red Sea has a minimum of two heads as I am sure you know and a better precision. It has, in my opinion a higher build quality as well.

Are you sure about that?
Kamoer makes their own pumps, Red Sea does not.
I am not sure who the manufacturer for RedSea is but it is very limited pool.

Personally I would pick Kamoer, I used it in the past and it worked well but ended up in my tank (long story). The app though was very basic but this is 5+ years ago.

OP
OP
K

K9Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure about that?

Personally I would pick Kamoer, I used it in the past and it worked well but ended up in my tank (long story). The app though was very basic but this is 5+ years ago.
If I’m not mistaken I believe they are both MFG in China.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m not mistaken I believe they are both MFG in China.
Yes they are to my knowledge. All of Red Sea stuff is from China.
I think only GHL dosers are made in Germany but not sure about the actual pump.
I am curious who the actual manufacturer for Red Sea dosers is.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure about that?

Sure about what exactly? :) I am not quite sure I understand the question!

If I believe that the Red Sea doser is of a better quality than the Kamoer F1 / D&D P1 (UK brand name!)? Then YES! :) I am not talking about Kamoer in general; just the F1 pump that OP is asking about.

If you would pick differently, no problem for me :p Reefing is just as much about personal preference and anecdotal experience which I am sure is also your background for answering this post...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back