Kamoer f4 Pro setup

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased this unit new about 6 months ago and my tank just graduated. Now that I need to dose, I can’t connect and not sure why.

ive read I need 2.4ghz WiFi but I’m not sure how to determine if I do. I have a Google nest with fiber optic internet.

Any way to connect or a work around?

tyvm

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have your Android phone connected to the same wifi, you can see in the wifi settings if it is a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network. (I'll guess an iphone also is be able to tell)...

One work around is to set up a 2.4 GHz wifi hotspot for your Kamoer.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have your Android phone connected to the same wifi, you can see in the wifi settings if it is a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network. (I'll guess an iphone also is be able to tell)...

its 5ghz and I can’t figure out how to change it.

can someone recommend a mini WiFi model that will work on a Google nest? I tried looking for a Netgear n300 but I think they are extinct now.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased a Netgear EX3700 and still can’t get it to setup.
this is really frustrating. Why would a company create new products with ancient technology? Might as well send the instructions in hieroglyphics!!

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a Netgear EX3700 and still can’t get it to setup.
this is really frustrating. Why would a company create new products with ancient technology? Might as well send the instructions in hieroglyphics!!
A wifi range extender isnt what you need... it can not convert your ”modern” dual band wifi to the ”ancient technology” 2.4 GHz single band wifi. I recommend you to get a wifi hotspot to set up a parallell wifi at 2.4 GHz.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@West1, you need to make sure that your google nest has a password and username set up for both the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz wifi bands. The Kamoer will run on the 2.4GHz wifi and communicate with your phone regardless of the wifi band your phone is on. You also need to connect directly with the Kamoer via your phone. You need to select the Kamoer network first and follow the instructions and then log into your home wifi with your phone.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A wifi range extender isnt what you need... it can not convert your ”modern” dual band wifi to the ”ancient technology” 2.4 GHz single band wifi. I recommend you to get a wifi hotspot to set up a parallell wifi at 2.4 GHz.
I purchased the model coralvue recommends, I’m trying to setup as an access point, not a WiFi extender.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@West1, you need to make sure that your google nest has a password and username set up for both the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz wifi bands. The Kamoer will run on the 2.4GHz wifi and communicate with your phone regardless of the wifi band your phone is on. You also need to connect directly with the Kamoer via your phone. You need to select the Kamoer network first and follow the instructions and then log into your home wifi with your phone.
Yes, I have separate passwords for the 5ghz and the guest WiFi. I tried to Forget all and start from scratch on my iPhone w/just the guest network. I don’t understand why I can’t get passed the 60%. When I setup the access point on the Netgear at 2.4ghz, I then wired the kamoer directly to the Netgear. AP worked because I could use the web while shutting off Cellular Data. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have separate passwords for the 5ghz and the guest WiFi. I tried to Forget all and start from scratch on my iPhone w/just the guest network. I don’t understand why I can’t get passed the 60%. When I setup the access point on the Netgear at 2.4ghz, I then wired the kamoer directly to the Netgear. AP worked because I could use the web while shutting off Cellular Data. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Why are you using the guest wifi? Your 5GHz and 2.4GHz wifi should have the same user name and password since it is all one network. The Kamoer is using the same network you are, only using the 2.4GHz band while your phone is using the 5GHz band. If you are setting the Kamoer on the guest network and you are on your normal home network, that is your problem.

Have you logged into the Kamoer directly via the network?

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m on guest network because info on the web says it’s 2.4ghz.

according to coralvue, if the device is on 5ghz, the doser doesn’t know to use 2.4ghz

Ive went through the coralvue tutorial on setup, I can’t get passed 60% tho.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@StlSalt i read you had renamed your SSID and finally connected. Do you by chance have the Google nest?

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on guest network because info on the web says it’s 2.4ghz.

according to coralvue, if the device is on 5ghz, the doser doesn’t know to use 2.4ghz

Ive went through the coralvue tutorial on setup, I can’t get passed 60% tho.

I have my device on the same network as my phone. That network uses both 2.4 and 5GHz. The Kamoer uses the 2.4GHz and my phone is on the 5GHz. Have you checked the default network and port?

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StlSalt i read you had renamed your SSID and finally connected. Do you by chance have the Google nest?

No I don't. I use the Ubiquiti Amplifi. I love it, and it has an option to separate your 2.4 and 5 GHz and name them differently. Not the reason I went with the system, but the option came in handy. Google's products are missing that feature which causes the issues. Not bashing it, I've never used any of their WiFi devices before.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my device on the same network as my phone. That network uses both 2.4 and 5GHz. The Kamoer uses the 2.4GHz and my phone is on the 5GHz. Have you checked the default network and port?
I have not, I’m not to tech savvy. I’ll YouTube that in a few hrs when I get home.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally got it, I had to use an Android.
I did the same thing I did to setup with my IPhone but for what ever reason, I had to setup with Android, then iPhone worked flawless.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got it, I had to use an Android.
I did the same thing I did to setup with my IPhone but for what ever reason, I had to setup with Android, then iPhone worked flawless.
Congrats! I know I've never been so happy to the number 61 once I got mine working. I have 3 of them now.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You nailed it, I just did not know where my old Samsung Note was.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update-
Doser has worked flawless till the last day or two. I can’t get into my kamoer and my CA has dropped 30ppm. Not sure where the issue is stemming from.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update-
Doser has worked flawless till the last day or two. I can’t get into my kamoer and my CA has dropped 30ppm. Not sure where the issue is stemming from.

had to delete app, unplug Doser and reinstall app.
I removed Doser from my profile/app but kept the app installed. Works good now!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back