Kamoer F4 Pro...Stuck at 60% install......Advice???

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am not sure what is going on, but I initially purchased my Kamoer F4 Pro September 2019; used it for about 8 months, it worked fine...but I decided I wanted the entire Neptune Ecosystem...so I parked the Kamoer F4 March 2020, placed it in its box safely . Now I am starting a new build (IM Nano 20 gal) I decided to pull out the Kamoer F4 two days ago and that is how long I have being trying to connect to the Kamoer Remote APP. Created a separate 2.4gh on my wifi extender....and still the same issue...Stuck at 60% to install and add the doser to my network....I did reach out to the CoralVue representative...following the same advice 2.4ghz instead of the 5g...still stuck on 60% install. Any Advice?

20210610_040937 (002).jpg Screenshot_20210610-040841 (002).jpg

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just gonna through these questions out here just to make sure we are on the same page.

You mentioned wifi extender - is this an extender separate from your main wifi? If yes, is your mobile device connected to the same extender and at the 2.4ghz channel?

Try to get the doser as far away from your extender and try and set it up again.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just gonna through these questions out here just to make sure we are on the same page.

You mentioned wifi extender - is this an extender separate from your main wifi? If yes, is your mobile device connected to the same extender and at the 2.4ghz channel?

Try to get the doser as far away from your extender and try and set it up again.
Hi, thx for the reply and the answer is YES it is a separate Wifi Extender that has both 5Ghz and 2.4ghz and the cell phone is on the wifi extender while I am trying to make the connection. I turned off the 5ghz and renamed the 2.4ghz. I did have the doser close to the wifi extender following the steps from somewhere. I will try and move away as far as I can and try the steps again.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Mystery SOLVED....You have to give the APP Location permissions on your phone. By default, they do not have permission to your current location. Once the APP has permission (which is weird by itself), then once you select the 2.4ghz band, you should be to select your home wifi and input the password and go from there. It worked.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Mystery SOLVED....You have to give the APP Location permissions on your phone. By default, they do not have permission to your current location. Once the APP has permission (which is weird by itself), then once you select the 2.4ghz band, you should be to select your home wifi and input the password and go from there. It worked.
I had some play myself with the doser when I have set it up. If they are collecting your Wi-Fi password and ssid they need your location too otherwise how would they know where to go when they want a free hotspot? ;)

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some play myself with the doser when I have set it up. If they are collecting your Wi-Fi password and ssid they need your location too otherwise how would they know where to go when they want a free hotspot? ;)
Yeah...lol one of the trade-offs in this hobby...lol

corky1618

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah...lol one of the trade-offs in this hobby...lol
Hey, I had the same problem, thanks so much for this thread clearing that up. It has been 2 weeks of constantly trying to get it to connect. I even went and got a 2.4 ghz access point and it made no difference. I had to connect my reef breeders temporarily. That one never fails in terms of the app but the pump can't hold the fluid, even with a antisiphon valve connected.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I had the same problem, thanks so much for this thread clearing that up. It has been 2 weeks of constantly trying to get it to connect. I even went and got a 2.4 ghz access point and it made no difference. I had to connect my reef breeders temporarily. That one never fails in terms of the app but the pump can't hold the fluid, even with a antisiphon valve connected.
Sorry about the late response...but glad it worked out for you

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what the heck is this? I’m so livid with this device rn.
Had a power outage and through the process I had to create a new network. Trying to connect everything and this piece of garbage has me stuck!
Using a Netgear ex3700 and tried setting up as extender and AP. Both stop at 60% on IOS and Android. Made sure location and device access was lit up like a Christmas tree. Been on this stupid Doser setup for 5hrs and counting…

Any help pls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 29

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW. After my rant, this stupid thing loads my previous settings. I have no idea what I did different.
I highly recommend this product and with all the setup issues, I recommend it to no one!
I’ll never buy this again, not worth the headache. This is my 3rd or 4th time having to deal with the setup, including help from Carlos.
I hate this thing with a passion and it’s all due to the 1950’s hardware in year +2020 technology! The frustration on setup outweighs the product WHEN working.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back