Kamoer FX-STP Calcium reactor feed pump

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the high flow method on my cAlrx. (You don’t count drip rate you have a steady stream) Would one of these pumps have enough flow to produce a continuous flow?

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Korallin CaRx and I Pull not push from the reactor , the reactor is gravity fed and from the reactor the effluent is pushed into a secondary chamber from where the final effluent falls in the sump. Very happy with this company and their peristaltic pump. Only worry with any system two part or CaRx when you travel you don’t know where your Alk is as any system needs to be adjusted from time to time as per demand. Thinking to invest in a Alk monitor/controller , waiting for trident from neptunesys , if it delays more I may for KH guardian
Check out the alkatronic

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@solitude127
Hey Mike,
I'm curious, how loud is it?
There's a slight hum to it. Interestingly enough, it seems like the lower the mls/sec, the louder the hum. By no means would I consider it loud though, I think the air intake on my skimmer is louder. I have a decibel app on my phone so I'll try and get some readings.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a slight hum to it. Interestingly enough, it seems like the lower the mls/sec, the louder the hum. By no means would I consider it loud though, I think the air intake on my skimmer is louder. I have a decibel app on my phone so I'll try and get some readings.
Thanks, just wanting to see if it suitable to be under the the tank in the family room where I watch TV.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the noise on the pump is barely noticeable for me compared to the waveline dc2500 pump that I have on my RF170. I was skeptical at first when a friend mentioned it but now I am loving it.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard from somewhere that the stepper motor is not meant for continuous use it's the nature of stepper motors.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had heard that before as well. I have to wonder if it's true. Form what I have found it seems otherwise, the advantages of a stepper motor are:

Advantages
  • Low cost for control achieved
  • High torque at startup and low speeds
  • Ruggedness
  • Simplicity of construction
  • Can operate in an open loop control system
  • Low maintenance
  • Less likely to stall or slip
  • Will work in any environment
  • Can be used in robotics in a wide scale.
  • High reliability
  • The rotation angle of the motor is proportional to the input pulse.
  • The motor has full torque at standstill (if the windings are energized)
  • Precise positioning and repeatability of movement since good stepper motors have an accuracy of 3–5% of a step and this error is non-cumulative from one step to the next.
  • Excellent response to starting/stopping/reversing.
  • Very reliable since there are no contact brushes in the motor. Therefore, the life of the motor is simply dependent on the life of the bearing.
  • The motors response to digital input pulses provides open-loop control, making the motor simpler and less costly to control.
  • It is possible to achieve very low-speed synchronous rotation with a load that is directly coupled to the shaft.
  • A wide range of rotational speeds can be realized as the speed is proportional to the frequency of the input pulses.

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running one for 2 weeks now at 25ml/min. Its quiet and cannot be heard outside of my stand. My Tunze Wavebox is the loudest hum on my tank. I cant speak on longevity but if it continues to work ill be happy. I bought mine from China for 230 which only took 4 days. Shotyly after I see that its being offered in the US. I wonder if there is a warranty offered with it if purchased from a US store.

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/f...H_VRu3WrO55WF2UsyN12G2SF3O_do3ixoCOWoQAvD_BwE

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty steady pH so far.
8cf2ec93b53f3f81d775f43e1ca44a21.jpg

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered this so should get it next week. I’ll let you know how it works on my CRx. I have an internal sump Skimz CM157 like this.
422A2F04-3D2A-4555-83BE-F4A3C248B38F.png
This skimmer just sits in sump and has 1 pump to feed and circulate. Once I hook it up to pull from the reactor, do I need the circ/feed pump on or does the Kamoer pull enough to feed the reactor? Currently I keep the pump on the lowest setting and I run my effluent at 100mls/min. I use the steady stream method like @hybridazn.

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered this so should get it next week. I’ll let you know how it works on my CRx. I have an internal sump Skimz CM157 like this.
This skimmer just sits in sump and has 1 pump to feed and circulate. Once I hook it up to pull from the reactor, do I need the circ/feed pump on or does the Kamoer pull enough to feed the reactor? Currently I keep the pump on the lowest setting and I run my effluent at 100mls/min. I use the steady stream method like @hybridazn.

I don't have experience with that particular reactor. I have a MTC MiniCal and it uses 1 pump to feed and circulate also.The Kamoer should be able to pull through the reactor with out issue. I believe you will still have to run the supplied pump to allow for recirculation through the media and to mix the co2 with the saltwater. The speed we typically desire to run the pump at (25-65ml/Min) may not be enough to mix the CO2.
In my setup if the recirculation/feed pump is off the Ph inside of the reactor doesnt budge as the co2 builds up as a gas in the reactor.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have experience with that particular reactor. I have a MTC MiniCal and it uses 1 pump to feed and circulate also.The Kamoer should be able to pull through the reactor with out issue. I believe you will still have to run the supplied pump to allow for recirculation through the media and to mix the co2 with the saltwater. The speed we typically desire to run the pump at (25-65ml/Min) may not be enough to mix the CO2.
In my setup if the recirculation/feed pump is off the Ph inside of the reactor doesnt budge as the co2 builds up as a gas in the reactor.

Thank you!. So I will just hook the Kamoer to pull from the reactor and keep the circ pump drawing water in and recirculating. I will post some pics and let you know how it works out.

Thanks!

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried to run this with the Skimz CM122 , i ended up getting a lot of bubbles in the main chamber , does it mean i did not supply enough water to the reactor ?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

does it work for you ?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone care to share some longer term experiences now that these have been out a little while. Hearing about a lot of screen failures and stuff like that.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back