Kamoer x1 pro t replacement tubing

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 600hr doesn’t make sense when you think of these as continuous duty pumps. That’s 25 days so you would have to replace the internal tubes less than monthly. Doesn’t compute. The manual and app does say 2k hour and the recommmend pharmed themselves say 1k hrs as I posted above. Coralvue recommended aside I’m sticking with pharmed as it’s been working for me at 4K+ hrs.

I would say buy the tubes in short pieces if you’re in a crunch otherwise buy the 2-3 meter bulk and last years.

This thread just reminded me I should replace mine this week. Checking ….4503hrs !!! Per the app :)
What tubing are you using?

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update to my tube life comments. I noticed my alk started drifting a week ago which IMHO is a sign I need to replace my tube. I temporarily increased the dosing ml/min to compensate for the downward drift until I have time to replace.

I just replaced and wanted to share feedback on the tubelife: 5183 hrs when I replaced. That's pretty good if you ask me. The pump has been solid and I'm looking forward to another 4000+ hrs on this next replacement. This tells me I need to stop being lazy and set a timer at the 4000+ hours and not be in a situation where I need to manually increase to compensate for the tube end-of-life. Literally took 5 mins to replace the tube. I spent more time trying to go back to this thread to find the length to cut the replacement. Answer: 77 mm. Spent another 10 mins recalibrating. I'll update this thread again during my next replacement to see if my first replacement set was a fluke and I had some rare lucky tube life magic.

Side note. I still see so many issues with people and wifi and other issues. Mine has been solid as the experience in this thread. Maybe I'm just lucky.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting this, as I just installed this doser for Kalk. I want to get a bunch of replacement tubes at the ready, and I want to verify:

3mm ID x 5mm OD for the dosing head tubing correct??
I assume I just cut off the zip-ties and install the barbs on the new tube and re-zip tie?

Thanks!

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting this, as I just installed this doser for Kalk. I want to get a bunch of replacement tubes at the ready, and I want to verify:

3mm ID x 5mm OD for the dosing head tubing correct??
I assume I just cut off the zip-ties and install the barbs on the new tube and re-zip tie?

Thanks!

Yes, it is 3mm ID x 5mm OD. Yup, you replace the zip tie.

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is 3mm ID x 5mm OD. Yup, you replace the zip tie.
Your dimensions are correct but be careful because not all tubing is created equal. I tried some that was on the clearer-side and it cracked in days. The tubing that seems to work well must be the thicker yellow. I had to buy mine from AliExpress.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also recommend buying the tubes described in this thread. My own tube life is a good example of not skimping on tubing since it goes a long way in longevity and less effort down the road with replacing or failures.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

xtian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I'm ordering. Says it's a 1000cm, which would be almost 33 feet of tubing, all for less than $20 shipped! We'll see what actually shows up in a month or so.

I only see a 100 cm option in that link. Which is the one I have and its appx 39.5". For whatever reason, I thought I also saw 1000cm when I ordered so I had to go back and double check the description when I received it :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back