Kamoer X1 PRO T Stepper Pump - Life Expectancy

DarthChaos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2020
Messages
185
Reaction score
218
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using the Kamoer X1 PRO T Stepper Pump for a few days now....to drip Kalk and I'm LOVING it!!

Just wondering....anyone know the life span of these pumps? I'm running continuously - but I'm curious if anyone has had one die? Was it hard to replace pump mechanism?

Kamoer_20X1_20PRO_20T_20Stepper_20Pump_416x348.jpg
 
Yeah the specs are kind of hit-or-miss with the Kamoer pumps. I got their DIP-253 pump for semi-automated water changes and they didn't list the motor life anywhere. I had to look up the pump itself, which I had to do by comparing pump heads and finding which ones look the same.

The pumps seem to work pretty well despite this.
 
Yeah the specs are kind of hit-or-miss with the Kamoer pumps. I got their DIP-253 pump for semi-automated water changes and they didn't list the motor life anywhere. I had to look up the pump itself, which I had to do by comparing pump heads and finding which ones look the same.

The pumps seem to work pretty well despite this.
Agreed.

I'm running the pump continuously - which gives me a pump life of potentially less than a year. If it's craps out on me - I'll try the next pump up.

I couldn't get a doser to drip kalk consistently....at a low enough rate. So, seeing the stepper pump as the perfect option.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230115_115705_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_115705_Chrome.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 73
Running the same pump since early 2021. That's 4 years in running continuously 20-30 ml/min without any issues. Only down for the tube replacement.

I'm considering either buying a 2nd full pump as a backup for the eventual failure or might buy replacement heads for a few dollars as spare part while I can.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new