Kaneohe Bay...

What is that in the second picture down? Is that some type of worm? Looks like a bristle worm w/o the bristles.

That is a Holothuroidea, aka conspicuous sea cucumber.

Thanks for all the kind words. Growing up in Boston, i do not take this area for granted.

AC-Kevin
 
in the 5th and 6th picture what kind of fish are those with the red fins and sorta purple bodies?

man i enjoyed look through those pictures thanks for sharing!!!
 
in the 5th and 6th picture what kind of fish are those with the red fins and sorta purple bodies?

man i enjoyed look through those pictures thanks for sharing!!!

Some kind of Parrot Fish... not 100% sure which though, since there are many out here. no problem on sharing.

AC-Kevin
 
Kevin, thanks for sharing. I remember snorkeling in K bay and seeing a Morey free swimming in the middle of the day. I also remember flying over K bay and seeing sharks and giant turtles in the shallows.

Incredible place, I envy you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new