Keeping Cyphastrea in high dkh water

BrettMallette

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Messages
466
Reaction score
475
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have success keeping cyphastrea in water above 12dKh? Mine browns out as soon as it passes 12 dKh but will regain color within a week with alk at 8-11. It seems to be my only coral to show visible stress at high dKh.
20170408_164656.jpg
 
I had the same experience with mine. My alk got a lil high and i noticed the change. I personally found 9dkh to be a good spot for it and the rest of the tank. My cyphastrea seemed pretty adaptive to most other conditions.
 
I had the same experience with mine. My alk got a lil high and i noticed the change. I personally found 9dkh to be a good spot for it and the rest of the tank. My cyphastrea seemed pretty adaptive to most other conditions.
Have been tinkering with high alk high nutrients to see if it would cause any issues and/or rapid growth. Seems to have spurred growth up til 12 then the cyphastrea took a turn for the worse. Now alk 11.6 and ita recovering flesh but not color. So im gonna shoot for 11.0 see what it does. No other coral seemed to have minded the higher alk my montis loved it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new