keeping fish in frag tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Z06-Hec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
143
Location
Cumming
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a tank for sale, built for a frag tank. 96 x 48 x 16.
What are thoughts on using it as a reef tank with fish?
Tangs and Angels?
Jumpers?
 
I have seen a few shallow reef tanks. You can always put a screen top on it if you are afraid of jumpers.
 
I dont intend on using the tank as a frag tank, was more asking about the height and fish jumping.
I guess the net thing works
 
Deep bodied fish, such as tangs and butterflies look a little cramped in a short tank once they get bigger. But most other fish will be fine in that height.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new