Keeping in Shape

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
21,770
Reaction score
73,613
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping in shape.

I myself like to try to keep myself healthy. It is not always easy especially being my wife has been going to a gym 4 times a week for almost all her life.
And she doesn’t just go to socialize; she lifts weights and generally makes me look like a wimp.
We also eat right, no fried food, no salt, sugar, soda, fats canned food, in other words we eat like rabbits. OK rabbits that eat sea food.
I go swimming. It’s not the same as weight lifting but it is better than nothing.
I know most people exercise by lifting beer cans and TV remotes. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I do some of that myself although I opt for vodka, only because the bottle is heavier and it gives me more exercise.
So I was in the town pool this morning doing my laps and I looked around and noticed that I am by far the youngest one there.
Yes, there are many people older than me, As a matter of fact, I saw Mrs. Washington there.
Most of the people there at that time in the morning are WW2 era and it is more of a social thing for them because even though they are decked out in goggles and bathing caps, they just slowly all walk back and fourth together and talk about old times and Jack Benny.
So I was thinking of how healthy I am getting by doing all of this swimming and I noticed that there was this palm tree near the pool. It was all brown, wrinkly, wilted and half dead. Eventually of course I realized it was not a palm tree, but Martha.
But let’s not dwell on that now.
We all could benefit from a little more exercise, changing water in a fish tank does not really count. Yes I know it’s heavy but, no, it still doesn’t count. If you had to swim a half a mile from the beach to collect it that would count but not many of us do that. Well I don’t anyway.
Don’t get me wrong, I am not Arnold Schwarzenegger and I am 10 or 15 pounds overweight. I could afford to eat less pasta, drink less Vodka and exercise more.
But If I did all that, why would I want to keep living?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new