Keeping it Simple Building A New Tank

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t delete it I’ve tried now four times but it took me three years till I figured out the easier the better. Stand tank and all on 75 I did and learned nano suck 2. 40$ tho and the 20 is breeding clowns. Sorry I can’t delete this. Are used corner of the porch so that I could pull the stump out or access it very simple and I’ve only done one 2g water change and dose alk. I’m waiting for my bubble algae to diminish more before I can transfer my sticks. EDIT: I need to clean up that electrical!..... wow. Nice setup

0B66E271-D3C5-4AF8-8DEA-3522C7BCE164.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t delete it I’ve tried now four times but it took me three years till I figured out the easier the better. Stand tank and all on 75 I did and learned nano suck 2. 40$ tho and the 20 is breeding clowns. Sorry I can’t delete this. Are used corner of the porch so that I could pull the stump out or access it very simple and I’ve only done one 2g water change and dose alk. I’m waiting for my bubble algae to diminish more before I can transfer my sticks. EDIT: I need to clean up that electrical!..... wow. Nice setup

0B66E271-D3C5-4AF8-8DEA-3522C7BCE164.jpeg
I'm not the only one with electrical issues

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with most everything you said and I took 4 moths to plan my tank and system and as you point out it has made the tank easy to start, easy to maintain and clean. check out my link below as i believe the build thread depicts exactly what you have discussed in this article. Thank you for writing it as i think new people entering the hobby should be required to read this and understand how important it is to plan it correctly and do it right (or as close as possible) the first time.

good job !

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I'm currently gathering parts for a 180g reef. I have the tank, skimmer and a few other items, but taking it slow and trying to plan for ease of maintenance and long term stability.

I can't wait to see this thread develop.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm enjoying this new project of you. Like you said, planning is the key to success. Probably you don't remember me, but back in 1987 I got the opportunity to meet you. "I'm the joung boy from Puerto Rico that used to collect around in St Thomas and around the area when it wasn't prohibited". Anyway... I'm back reefing after being more than 30 years out off, for been in the Army and other things not allowing me to be back. I'm living now in Florida, retired. I still old school reefing with some new tricks that I still assimilating and trying by myself. I'm going low budget for now with my 90's but making it mature as we use to do. Two year running and going the right way (Budget wise). Is a great pleasure to be able to read from you again besides of the videos from you and Sanjay I haven't meet him but, said hi from me next time you guys see each other.

Take care old friend and show us all the process with this new endeavor.
Ahhh, I got you when you mention about the high of the display.... Buajajaja.... children's growth older, we just get wiser!!!

NoSurfnAZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a quick question Mike. I didnt find where you got your stand. Im tired right now, so forgive me if ive missed it. I would love to know were you got your metal frame? or was that a DIY? I need to find two to three tiered rack for holding multiple tanks i can plumb centrally. i was thinking metallic framing would be strong and cheaper than wood, and would be easier to keep from rotting or breaking apart.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back