Keeping pipefish out of the overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeiDan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NeiDan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
79
Reaction score
44
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of dragonface pipefish in my 100g mixed reef. They're very thin and I've seen them nearly get sucked into the overflow teeth on one occasion. I'm afraid I'll lose them back there, and if I do I don't think I can get them out. My tank is positioned too close to the wall to reach the overflow, so unless they make it through the piping to the sump they're lost. So, how can I block off the overflow WITHOUT also creating a mini dam that will catch every bit of detritus and eventually flood the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new