Keeping two puffers in a 120gal

I wouldn't, the tank is really too small for either. The porc can get especially nippy and aggressive, especially in a smaller tank. While I believe a 120g is a bit small for a dogface puffer, one would be a safer bet. For the most part a dogface is rather docile, but the porc has a tendency to get aggressive even in larger tanks. In captivity most dogface puffers will get to 10" maybe more, I have seen some a solid foot of rotund girth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new