Keeping your frag tank clean?

  • Thread starter Thread starter halcyonism
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

halcyonism

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2010
Messages
50
Reaction score
2
Location
Yakima, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have some good tips as to how to keep a bare bottom frag tank clean looking?

I have a 40 breeder plumbed to my main system and even with a koralia 1050 blowing across the bottom I am still getting areas of settled detritus. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
 
I just recently upped the flow and increased the turnover rate in the tank, so I am hoping that will help some. Thanks for the replys so far.
 
You will always have some detritus collect on the bottom. More random flow and the use of filter socks works great. I also use a powerhead and manually blow around from time to time.
 
Also make sure you have a good cleanup crew in there as well.
 
Thanks so much for all of the replies! I have since added a small CUC and a second powerhead will be arriving today, things are looking up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new