Kent dosing for bryopsis and sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter nova65ss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
341
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am battling bryopsis wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone....makes my bubble algae look like an LE coral.

Anyway I started dosing Kent tech m a few weeks ago closely monitoring my alk and calcium. A few days ago I noticed two of my frags have burnt tips. Alk has not changed at all and I worry that the mg dosing is causing the issue. I have about 100 gallons of water volumn and have been dosing around 80 mls a day. I have checked it will a red sea kit and it is about 1500 but that is where the max is on the kit.

I see a lot of people have done this and reported no issues with their acros. Anyone here done this in a tank filled with sps? Thanks
 
Red sea goes higher. The titrate chart goes up to .8 (which i thought was 1600) and every .01 above that is 20 ppm mag so the entire 1ml is 2000.

I also just did battle with bryopsis. I went to to 1950 the only issue I had was my emeralds died. All my sps, shrimp, brittle stars, stomas and snails were all fine. I held that level for 10 days and then I stopped dosing and let WC bring it down. I'm still at 1800.

I aggressively removed all visible algae. I injected tek m directly into any tough spots and I removed my carbon.

I caught mine early and was aggressive with it. Shot my mag to 100 ppm/day. I have a 310 gallon system and used 3 full jugs of the stuff
 
Red sea goes higher. The titrate chart goes up to .8 (which i thought was 1600) and every .01 above that is 20 ppm mag so the entire 1ml is 2000.

I also just did battle with bryopsis. I went to to 1950 the only issue I had was my emeralds died. All my sps, shrimp, brittle stars, stomas and snails were all fine. I held that level for 10 days and then I stopped dosing and let WC bring it down. I'm still at 1800.

I aggressively removed all visible algae. I injected tek m directly into any tough spots and I removed my carbon.

I caught mine early and was aggressive with it. Shot my mag to 100 ppm/day. I have a 310 gallon system and used 3 full jugs of the stuff
Thanks maybe it is something else. I will sacrifice a frag or two of it means it goes away.
 
A bit of an aside here, but you can keep adding more titrant when testing to get the actual value. Just add up the result.

So if you have to add XX more ml to get a color change with the test kit, just add the corresponding ppt value to 1500.
 
I have lots of acros. I bumped my mag up to 1800 with Tech M over a couple weeks, during that time I only had one coral give up on me, a wild frag of A.Horrida. It Mage well have done the same anyway. I did also lose part of a branch on my Red Dragon, but it does that out of the blue once and a while. My bryopsis issues got way better but I still have little outbreaks here and there. No where near as bad as it was though. Everything else didn't seem to have any adverse symptoms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new