Kesiil a360x vs Radion xr15 g4 pro over 40 g tank

Kgouge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my first reef tank. its a 24x24 Waterbox marine 60.2 and hope to make it a mixed reef tank. I need help deciding the lighting

Do i go with the kessil a360x or the XR15 Gen 4? If i get the radion, do i get the diffuser? I think disco ball of any kind would bug the heck out of me.

I watched the BRS Best Lighting 2019 and they say T5 hybrid with a360x is best overall, but alone is the a360x better than the XR15 Gen 4?

Any help and advice would be appreciated

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better is hard to say with confidence. I am a kessil fan and would go 360X. Here are my top 3 reasons.

1. Easier to use interface

(I have had some real headaches with EcoSmart Live but never with my spectral controller. Sure no WiFi but once the light is up I won't touch it for at least 6 months to a year.)

2. Spectral Balance

(I believe that the 360X spectrum is one of the most diverse spectrums there is. In BRS testing on the 360X I believe they even say it is the most diverse they have tested. From speaking to kessil this has to do with the fact that they phosphor coat nearly all of the LEDs and not just the white chips. They also don't use green as the base for their white chips. Just personally I think the kessil color balance is superb for coral health.)

3. Aesthetic preferences

(I really like kessil shimmer. Some really can't stand it but to me it is one of the most natural lighting aesthetics a tank can have. I know many people who like the sliders on the XR15 so they can dial in the color to that perfect blue shade, but for me I like a balanced blue heavy color with the natural sun shimmer.)

Back