Kessil 360w led

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rmonson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rmonson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2013
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Bottineau, ND
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone one have these lights, if so what do you think about them. I am thinking about getting 2 for my 65g mixed reef.
 
That's a good video but it didn't say anything about turning it on and off what do you do for that?
 
I've been running a single a360w over my tank for the last 6 months. I loved it for the colors that it maintained and brought out in both my chalices and zoas. It was also great for flatter growing montis. Since you'll have two over your 65g then you won't have to worry as much about shadowing from having a single source of light. I found that due to my rock placement and subsequent sps placement one side of all my acros were getting almost no light which was causing serious issues. So unfortunately I switched to T5s. That being said, I really liked the color I got out of the a360w better.
 
The 360's are the only Kessels controllable with the Apex. Otherwise It has to be done manually, but 2 or more can be Daisy chained so one light controls the others.
 
I don't have a controller now so if I got these light I would have to get a controller?

They are also manually controllable. I didn't have a controller hooked up. It is just an option. I actually used a timer to turn them on and off
 
No, there are two knobs on top one for intensity and one for color spectrum. The intensity goes from off to full. There is a wire to connect with others in series the first light will control the others so all will be the same. So basically turn the first on the others will all come on automatically. What I think is the best feature is that between the two knobs you can set your lighting to any color/intensity you want for your corals.
 
Ok so I could just use a regular timer with these? And of I had a controller would I be able to make them ramp up and down?
 
Do I have to have an apex or would a reef keeper controller work. I want a controller now too haha.
 
I have a Kessil 350 which is basically the same thing with manual control. I like it .... For my sump grows macroalgae real nice Seriously Its a good light The only reason its down there is bc I can't sell it for what I want for it
 
I know my Apex can ramp the A360's, and adjust color. (Not sure about Reefkeeper) but if you get an Apex Lite or JR you will need a VDM module for control.
 
I'm thinking I'll just get an apex jr. because it's my first controller. What's different about the a350w's they seen almost the same to me.
 
I'm thinking I'll just get an apex jr. because it's my first controller. What's different about the a350w's they seen almost the same to me.

Don't make the same mistake I did,I bought the JR and had to expand with more power bars because 4 outlets is just not enough and now I still need more after getting more and more hardware for the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new