kessil ap700

Jdurm55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got two options for my new setup. I have a buddy that would sell me a year and a half old kessil ap700 for 300$ or I have been running sb reeflights over my now 30 jbj. I was thinking of getting the 32 inch sbreef light for 300 that has a two year warranty on it where as the kessil wouldn't have any warranty on it. I know I have heard stories where the kessil doesn't have the longest life span on it. this is going to be over a 75 gallon tank with mostly zoa and lps in it. I know everyone will probably say go with the kessil but just wanted some opinions.

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would actually go with the new SB reef light. Kessils are nice, but I prefer the blanket of light that you get with the SB lights -- even Ecotech jumped on to this with their G5 Radions. Also having a new light with warranty is a big plus. Best of luck with your new tank!

OP
OP
Jdurm55

Jdurm55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would actually go with the new SB reef light. Kessils are nice, but I prefer the blanket of light that you get with the SB lights -- even Ecotech jumped on to this with their G5 Radions. Also having a new light with warranty is a big plus. Best of luck with your new tank!
I love my sb reef lights had them on my 30 for about 2 years and the corals love it. everything grows so fast. ill probably go with the newer sb light just wanted to see what everyone thought since it was a good deal on the kessil. upgrading to a new bigger tank is always a fun process. im super excited. ive got a build thread if you every wanna follow along.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back