Kessil Cloud Effect

bdunn13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In which way is it not working. There are three ways I see it could work.

1. You can do manual mode and go into clouds. (this works for me)
2. You can be running a schedule and have it hit a time where there are clouds (this works for me).
2. You can set a schedule and go into cloud mode there to see what you are programming (this does not work for me).

I can't do the red / blue mode thingy but I don't know what they are either.

First post too!

Thanks,
BD

OP
OP
C

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In which way is it not working. There are three ways I see it could work.

1. You can do manual mode and go into clouds. (this works for me)
2. You can be running a schedule and have it hit a time where there are clouds (this works for me).
2. You can set a schedule and go into cloud mode there to see what you are programming (this does not work for me).

I can't do the red / blue mode thingy but I don't know what they are either.

First post too!

Thanks,
BD

Welcome to R2R!!! I run my system on a schedule. At top of the scheduled hour/time, it will run through a rainbow of colors for a few minutes and that's it. For the rest of the period, nothing...no dimming, no cloud effect.

bdunn13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if you can get clouds to work in manual mode...

and thanks!

OP
OP
C

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In manual mode it changes color for 10-20 seconds before reverting to the set values...it looks very un-natural. It does not work correctly on a schedule which is the problem.

bdunn13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem with storm.. it doesn't work well in manual mode - but works great in schedule.

Try adjusting your lights a little in cloud mode in your schedule and see if that has an effect. Maybe even create a new schedule.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The effects run for a maximum of 5 minutes at any schedule point before reverting to the scheduled settings. So if you have a cloud effect on your program at 12pm, it will run from 12-12:05pm, and then the rest of that point will be whatever you have chosen for your schedule.

Let us know if this clarifies what you're seeing, or if you're still unable to get the effects working at each schedule point.

ChapAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The effects run for a maximum of 5 minutes at any schedule point before reverting to the scheduled settings. So if you have a cloud effect on your program at 12pm, it will run from 12-12:05pm, and then the rest of that point will be whatever you have chosen for your schedule.

Let us know if this clarifies what you're seeing, or if you're still unable to get the effects working at each schedule point.
I have had my unit for about a week and have programmed several time points for the cloud effect and have found it does not work in program mode. Cloud effect appears to work in demo mode only....which is a bit of a let down. Is Kessil working on a firmware fix for this?

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my unit for about a week and have programmed several time points for the cloud effect and have found it does not work in program mode. Cloud effect appears to work in demo mode only....which is a bit of a let down. Is Kessil working on a firmware fix for this?
Can you post a screenshot of where the schedule that the cloud effect should be running on? The blue dot should show a "cloud" icon over it where it will run during your program.

I just tested this on my A360X and my AP9X units at home and they worked as expected, so there appears to be something else going on here - I'll help troubleshoot as best I can with us out of the office!

ChapAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a screenshot of where the schedule that the cloud effect should be running on? The blue dot should show a "cloud" icon over it where it will run during your program.

I just tested this on my A360X and my AP9X units at home and they worked as expected, so there appears to be something else going on here - I'll help troubleshoot as best I can with us out of the office!

ChapAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set cloud effect for 3:30 for 5 min. Slow mode and nothing happened. Screen shot of program attached. Thank you
Screenshot_20201226-152827_Kessil WiFi.jpg

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set cloud effect for 3:30 for 5 min. Slow mode and nothing happened. Screen shot of program attached. Thank you
This looks like everything is programmed properly. We're back in the office today, so give us a call when you're in front of the light and can troubleshoot with us. 510.620.5250 - we're here 8:30am till 5pm Pacific Time.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to chat with you - just posting here with the solution we found out so others can see it as well.

The acclimation mode overrides the effects - so you won't see the cloud effect when you are running an acclimation mode. However, once the acclimation mode completes, the cloud modes will work as expected.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help out with!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back