Kessil light help

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this kessil A360we for a while now. All of a sudden it keeps turning off for no reason. Stays on for about 20 mins then turns off. I unplug and plug it back in and it turns on. Any help on what to do or what the issue might be? Could it be too much is plugged into the outlet? Or would everything else go out?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this kessil A360we for a while now. All of a sudden it keeps turning off for no reason. Stays on for about 20 mins then turns off. I unplug and plug it back in and it turns on. Any help on what to do or what the issue might be? Could it be too much is plugged into the outlet? Or would everything else go out?

I would think either it is over heating and turning itself off, or it has a power issue, either with the wall adapter or the driver inside of the light.

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think either it is over heating and turning itself off, or it has a power issue, either with the wall adapter or the driver inside of the light.
What would be the solution? I have 2 lights connected to it via controller so they are all DC and the light that’s not working is the first light that’s connected to the controller. The other 2 are connected to the light that’s not on. Both the 2 lights work fine and the timer seems to work even though the light isn’t on. They have been set up for a while now so not like something new and I’m messing something up

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the solution? I have 2 lights connected to it via controller so they are all DC and the light that’s not working is the first light that’s connected to the controller. The other 2 are connected to the light that’s not on. Both the 2 lights work fine and the timer seems to work even though the light isn’t on. They have been set up for a while now so not like something new and I’m messing something up

I would probably take the light apart and blow it off with a can of air, and clean the fan. If that doesn't work, then you will most likely need to talk to Kessil about getting replacement parts.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get an AI :D

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would NOT take it apart as it will void your warranty. ( I was told this directly by Kessil ) They have great customer service, give them a call. I would 100% blow it out with air.....This is right from their website. see below.

"Should I perform regular maintenance on my light? "

Yes, we recommend using compressed air to clean out the light every 1-2 months to prevent the buildup of dust and debris. Wiping down the light with a dry cloth regularly will also help prevent salt creep buildup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back