Kessil programming

Victor Charlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if anyone has ever programmed a pair of Kessil 360's to emulate the sun going across the aquarium? If anyone has I'd like to know how you did it. I'm going to try setting things up and any information would be helpful.

Nebnano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if anyone has ever programmed a pair of Kessil 360's to emulate the sun going across the aquarium? If anyone has I'd like to know how you did it. I'm going to try setting things up and any information would be helpful.
Are you using the kessil spectral controller?

Hooloovoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about trying to do something similar, but mine are daisy chained to my Apex Controller, which prevents them from being controlled independently. The Apex can control color and intensity, but those settings apply to all the lights at once. Also, because they are daisy chained, I can't turn on one Kessil unless the one before it in the chain is already on. This means that I can have the one connected directly to the Apex on by itself, I can have just that one and the one next to it on, or I can have all three on. No other combinations are possible. I can't have just the middle one on for instance.

I don't have any experience with the Kessil Spectral controller, so I don't know if more complex programs are possible with it.

OP
OP
V

Victor Charlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about trying to do something similar, but mine are daisy chained to my Apex Controller, which prevents them from being controlled independently. The Apex can control color and intensity, but those settings apply to all the lights at once. Also, because they are daisy chained, I can't turn on one Kessil unless the one before it in the chain is already on. This means that I can have the one connected directly to the Apex on by itself, I can have just that one and the one next to it on, or I can have all three on. No other combinations are possible. I can't have just the middle one on for instance.

I don't have any experience with the Kessil Spectral controller, so I don't know if more complex programs are possible with it.
I have them daisy chained also, but was going to use a second cord and use the 2 ports on the controller. The controller isn't that complex, you need time to get use to using it. I asked Kessil themselves and they think that using the 2 ports its possible but no one in customer service have done it. I thought if its been done, someone on reef2reef has tried.

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never done it but it seems like it would be pretty easy with the controller. Ramp one up followed by the other lagging behind, having both peak together and then reverse the process.

Nebnano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never done it but it seems like it would be pretty easy with the controller. Ramp one up followed by the other lagging behind, having both peak together and then reverse the process.
This is pretty well what I was thinking too. If you only have two lights. Each program could be the same just with different time set points.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back