Kessil Refuge Mounting Frames

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knocked both of these up this weekend. They're obviously somewhat custom for my old and new refugium setups.

First is a A360 refugium light mount which is just a bracket. This mounts over 16" for 1/4in thick. Happy to make some adaptations as well. This is a three part, both legs and the center ring. There are strong dovetails which you smoosh together to get the legs attached. Printed in a mix of ASA (white) and ABS (black).

kessil_arm.jpg

https://www.printables.com/model/600504-kessil-a360-refugium-frame

Second is an A80 refugium mount, but designed to fit between 8020 rail, for my new nano.

kessil_a80.jpg

https://www.printables.com/model/600510-kessil-a80-refugium-frame-8020-bracket

This one screws into T nuts (M6) into the 8020. The light hanger has to slide over the rail before attaching, but has a locking connection to not just wobble about. Printed in ASA (white) and ABS (black). This one is pretty custom but may inspirational.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really good! :) I have thought about getting in to that 3D printing for a while; it's a scary step to go and buy a printer though! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: With the amount of printed stuff I have bought off of Etsy, I could easily have bought a printer my self.

Which one are you using?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is on a Bambu X1C
That would be my go to one. I am close to pulling the trigger. The only close competitor really is the Prusa MK4. I like the enclosed design of the Bambu- and they seem somewhat more user friendly for a new printer!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back