Kessler ap700

Tony Salernitano

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Ap 700 it is approximately 10 in from the top of my tank I have some SPS I bought several weeks ago does anybody know the par I should be at to growhealthy SPS Coral.
 
I have a Ap 700 it is approximately 10 in from the top of my tank I have some SPS I bought several weeks ago does anybody know the par I should be at to growhealthy SPS Coral.
Depends on the type of SPS you have. I have SPS in 300+ PAR, as well as 200 and 100. Different species have different requirements.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up I understand that but I'm just wondering if anybody else have a ap700 and what is the tensity they have it set at I have my set at 60% intensity maxed and slowly come up during the day
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up I understand that but I'm just wondering if anybody else have a ap700 and what is the tensity they have it set at I have my set at 60% intensity maxed and slowly come up during the day
It's really going to depend on your water clarity, tank size/depth, lighting height and water movement. Two tanks of the same size with the same lights can have very different readings.

I suggest renting or borrowing a PAR meter. Check your local reefing clubs. Most offer free PAR meter usage to their members. Or, if you want one of your own, buy a Seneye device.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up I understand that but I'm just wondering if anybody else have a ap700 and what is the tensity they have it set at I have my set at 60% intensity maxed and slowly come up during the day

It's really going to depend on your water clarity, tank size/depth, lighting height and water movement. Two tanks of the same size with the same lights can have very different readings.

I suggest renting or borrowing a PAR meter. Check your local reefing clubs. Most offer free PAR meter usage to their members. Or, if you want one of your own, buy a Seneye device.
Okay thanks
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new